Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I have had MS nearly 19 years.

The best advice I heard was don't ever tell your employer and friends about your MS; only family.

I have battled though the symptoms over that time and have managed to work full time, and kept it confidential, despite being retrenched 2x having to change jobs lots. I work in finance.

Symptoms - numbness in hands, feet, mild cognitive issues, lack of bladder control and etc.

19 years ago there was only a couple of treatments, now there are a range of disease modifying therapies. The rate of new drugs being released is very good news for people who have RR MS.

Do the best you can ignore it while you can and work on. But take your meds (I should have started Copaxone much earlier). I now take Gillenya whatever its called.

I find it harder now to work full time and will probably have to stop full time soon (close to 49). I have an insurance policy for illness I took out 25 years ago I guess its time to consider it.

Be positive and thank goodness there are new treatments.
    That's my advice.

Cheers

Hi reasonable, and welcome to MS World! It is always nice to have a seasoned veteran on here to help give advice to the newer MS members, or if you have questions, this is a good place to post or just vent your problems. We also have a variety of chat rooms you may be interested in.

Sounds like you are doing well on the Gilenya, that is great! I hope that continues!

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X