Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please

I am a 37 yr old male and was recently a patient at Johns Hopkins. My MRI result came back and said Few T2 hypertense foci in subcortical white matter of bilateralparietal lobes, nonspecific. I have had memory problems, lightheaded, numbness in my hands and fingers and awful muscle spasms in my legs. Thinking it could be MS?

Hi and welcome to MS World! We are happy you joined, but sorry for the reason. It sounds like you have many symptoms. Your MRI, however, does not point specifically to MS as it says implicitly that your white matter lesions are nonspecific. Your neurologist has the final say about these lesions though. MS lesions have a specific size, shape, and location in the brain. This is something you need to go over with your neurologist. He/she may say you need more testing, or they may be thinking something else altogether. You just can't go from just the radiologists report. However, most of the time in MS, the report will say "consistent with MS" on it.

I wish you luck, and remember nothing replaces a good working and talking relationship with your doc.

Take care and let us know how it goes, OK?

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X