dizzy feel awful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dizzy feel awful

I am 36 years old was diagnosed with ms when I was 20 from numbness and optic neuritis. I went on rebif for 4 years. Them Copaxone for 2. I hated taking injections so i stopped until this year I started seeing a new neurologist and went on abuego and addreall. This made me feel so bad I was given acthar for my exacerbation. That didn't help so then I went and received some ivsm and got shingles. That was 2 months ago. Now I am going to a new neurologist and he put me on neurotin for pain and I couldn't take that due to drowsiness. My blood pressure is higher now and real dizzy. My family doctor tells me to call my neurologist. I still can walk and people think I don't have ms but as of today I am in the bed dizzy and don't know what is going on. I have a MRI this Thursday. Just puzzled ...

Kell36: Hi, and welcome to MS World! We are happy you found us! It sounds like your BP is tied to your dizziness or vice versa. Sometimes both can be caused by a lesion in your brainstem. If this is the case on your next MRI, ask you MS doc about some Valium to help with the dizziness. It really helps. I hope that you will be able to find out the cause. Dizziness is the worst symptom to me. I hate it.

While you are waiting for your MRI results, check out our boards. Ask and answer questions, check out our chat rooms and make yourself at home.

Let us know how everything goes, OK?

Take care,
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thank you for informing me of this. My doctor wants to start me on tysabri. Just wanted to get a new MRI. I haven't had one in so long. I don't understand these symptoms. I take a xanax and ibuprofen now. That doesn't help much. The zanax helps calm me but my head just throbs. If anyone can help please let me know.

Comment

Is this your first dizzy spell?

Would you describe it as true vertigo (feeling that either you are spinning or that the world is spinning around you) or dizziness (feeling faint or as if you are "floating?"). Some meds can cause these issues. So can inner ear problems and infections. The jury is still out for me. On the one hand, upper respiratory symptoms can cause BPV (inner ear related). On the other, an infection can cause a pseudo-exacerbation. Either way, meclizine helps me and I can now get it over the counter.
        CIS DX 2013

Comment

Dizziness

I tried meclizine for my dizziness (not vertigo) and it made the problem much worse. In addition to the dizziness getting worse, my legs turned to rubber. You just never know what will or won't work.
          RRMS since July 2010.

Comment

I´ve been wearing sea bands for a few days- helps with the dizzy factor but does not improve balance. Sea bands are at your local pharmacy with the sea sickness stuff- based on acupressure point. Going for a nystagmography next week to see if the dizzy/vertigo is from the brain or inner ear. I get where you´re coming from.

Comment

Working...
            X