New DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DX

Hi everyone, I am newly DX'd with MS, do not know which one but to me it does not matter I have MS and now I have to learn what I can and live with it.

I am 48 and they have thought for years I have had it but always brushed it off because they never saw brain lesions. Well 2 weeks ago I went to doc for my back and the MRI came back with spinal lesions... wow.. had an appt with doc this morning and we went over the things they say it could be and of course he finally said it.. MS.. he was trying to lay it to me soft but when he said it I said.. "Well it is about time" and he looked at me like I was nuts..lol

They got me in to the Neuro tomorrow, that is fast since most them are booked out till next month right now.. must see an urgency.

I have had symptoms for years and they never go away, they get a little better at times but pretty much are the same.

I searched for a place to go where people understand and that is how I got here. I am going to need some help from those who have been here and done it, I will need ideas and articles on how to face this head on and I will need strong shoulders when I decide to give up.

Thank you for being here...

I'm so sorry. I do understand your response to your doctor (I'm in limbo -- don't want it but want to know what "it" is so I can start kicking it's butt).

This is a good place to be. I've learned a lot since I started coming here some months ago.

Keep us posted, okay??

Comment

Hi and welcome, but sorry that you are here. I was also relieved when I received my diagnosis.

Comment

Hi there. So sorry you're here but happy for you to finally have an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by MLMCLAREN View Post
          Hi everyone, I am newly DX'd with MS, do not know which one but to me it does not matter I have MS and now I have to learn what I can and live with it.

I am 48 and they have thought for years I have had it but always brushed it off because they never saw brain lesions. Well 2 weeks ago I went to doc for my back and the MRI came back with spinal lesions... wow.. had an appt with doc this morning and we went over the things they say it could be and of course he finally said it.. MS.. he was trying to lay it to me soft but when he said it I said.. "Well it is about time" and he looked at me like I was nuts..lol

They got me in to the Neuro tomorrow, that is fast since most them are booked out till next month right now.. must see an urgency.

I have had symptoms for years and they never go away, they get a little better at times but pretty much are the same.

I searched for a place to go where people understand and that is how I got here. I am going to need some help from those who have been here and done it, I will need ideas and articles on how to face this head on and I will need strong shoulders when I decide to give up.

WELCOME TO MS WORLD! We are glad to have you here! I remember when I got my diagnosis, I was glad just to have an answer. It has been said that, you do not get it unless you have it. After corresponding with others here, I understand this. So any time you have a question, please just ask. You may also be interested in our chat rooms. There are many wonderful people that can help you with what ever you are dealing with. Good luck
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

So sorry for the reason you had to find us... but now that you have, welcome! There's tons of experience and compassion on this Board, hope you find the answers you need to live with, not exist with, MS.
            Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by MLMCLAREN View Post

I am also new to all of this new dx. I just wanted to say you found a great place to share and to learn. I have learned a lot and I have been inspired a lot. I hope you have the same experience here and welcome.
              Tira

Comment

Welcome, and sorry you had to self diagnose yourself before the Dr did, but that is pretty common.

When you consider treatments please take the time to consider diet.
                Changing my diet has help me most of all.
                I did Avonex for a decade and a pile of other stuff over the years but the past 5 it has been mostly diet and it seems to help.

Good luck and welcome to MSWORLD (the club you never considered joining before)

Comment

Working...
                X