Been here before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been here before

i know i've been here before, but somehow drifted away. i was dx in 2003, left work in 2006 (?). obviously a long story. i am spms, married, two older kids (early 20s). i live in maine, so i'm interested to hear from other mainers. mostly i deal with isolation, mobility issues, boredom and fatigue (don't we all?) i am a photographer, tho i am far less active with it than i used to be. i also write a blog (i'll post the url as soon as i'm allowed to...) i'm open to chat about anything.
    life is uncertain,
    eat dessert first!

sorry not from Maine but welcome back!!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Hi and welcome back. I'm from the Philadelphia area. Don't be a stranger. Good luck

Comment

It's nice to meet you, zenhead and welcome to the boards. I'm not from Maine either but lived there when I was a toddler - in Bangor. So glad you reached out to us and hope staying connected will help keep you from the isolation that many of us feel. It has helped me!

There are so many incredibly helpful people here sharing information and their experiences, so any questions you may have - just ask away!!

I also want to let you know that we don't allow email or blog addresses in posts or in our chat rooms. But you may put that information in your profile where all registered, logged-in members can see them. Go to your UserCP > Edit Details. Hope this helps

Take care and visit us often
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Been on hiatus too

I understand the sense of isolation, mobility issues, pain, on and on. I am just a crazy California person so there is a big continent between us unfortunately. I too am progressing and was medically retired in 2010.

I used to paint and draw but it is not something I even try now. I feel like my work mocks me and my loss of fine muscle control. Enough about me. I am glad you are back.

Comment

thanks

thanks for your welcomes. corriander - yes, i am a photographer who doesn't take many pictures (due to isolation and lack of mobility), tried my hand at painting but didn't find it satisfying. your characterization that it "mocks you," is very apt.
            life is uncertain,
            eat dessert first!

Comment

How about "used to be from Maine"?

I used to live up in "the county" but it was a bit of a nightmare getting DX'd and the symtoms weren't getting better.

Skipping the long story, I wound up here in Iowa. Found a great Doc and started treatment 5 years ago. There are some things I still miss but not as many as I thought I would.

Comment

Welcome back Bob!

Welcome back Bob!

Glad to see you were able to find a doctor that could help you!

I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you.

Im Strhuntrss from Punxsutawney, Pa (yes, Phil lives here, lol)

I have RRMS dx 2012. Limbo before that for 2 years.

I visited Maine on vacation, what a beautiful place.

Hope to see you on chat
                STR

Comment

Newbie here. Welcome back to you.

Comment

Mainer here!

Hi! I have RRMS and I live in Maine. I would love to chat. Where in Maine are you?

Comment

the way life should be

hey, sig. i live in north yarmouth, sort of out in the woods. or as near to out in the woods as one can get in north yarmouth. where are you?
                      life is uncertain,
                      eat dessert first!

Comment

Working...
                      X