At a loss for words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Grant,

Since I didn't see it mentioned among all the very good advice given, maybe I should mention God. No pontificating.

Simple comment that no one... MS'er or "civilian," really has any control over what life hands out. But he does have control over how he handles it.

I ask for grace sufficient to except, adapt and be strong.

It works... clears all the trash out of your mind, IMHO.

Comment

`hi grant, sorry for all, but WELCOME!!!!!!! you`ll always find support here, trust me. msworld is a great source of knowledge and support. put tomorrow and the what ifs out of your mind, you have no control of them!!!! good luck.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

welcome

Welcome to MS World and to the Rebif world. I have been on it for 4 yrs. and no changes in my 50 lesions! That's a good thing. There is life with MS. Just take it one day at a time. When you hit a bad spell, remember, it will change. Hope you have a great neuro. That's what helps me the most.

Comment

Grant, I hope that you are getting the rest you need with the children. My kids were 4 and almost 7 when I was diagnosed. It was really hard on them but they are now 32 and 35 and wonderful parents so I must have not messed them up too badly. I will pray for strength and for endurance for you while you travel down this road.
          "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

cocogirl - thank you for your post about your children. Mine were 4 & almost 7 when I was diagnosed last year. And I don't know why MS feels like a death sentence to me still. But reading your post this morning made me feel a lot of hope for the future.

-Leslie

Comment

Leslie, at times I didn't think I would survive but I did. You will too. Just come here to rant and cry or laugh and chat. I wish that I had had MS World when my children were young. They saw too many episodes of my frustration and yet they still grew up to be outstanding adults. Yours will too! ((((Hugs)))) for you today and each day you fight this fight.
              "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Originally posted by Grant345 View Post
                So here I sit, a newbie posting a thread on a website I never ever ever thought I would be part of. Recently diagnosed and as of July 2nd I am trying to figure everything out. My children, my job, my marriage, my vision, my walking ability, my everything. Don't know how everyone does it all....I'm hearing support, support, support. So here I am a newbie asking for support. I'm starting my Rebif tomorrow and have already been on steroids. Just want to wake up and it's all gone......
                im new here trying to help my daugther.want you to know im here for you and wish you luck.dont have any answers for you because im just learning but will listen.

Comment

I don't know your symptoms, but, for me it is mostly fatigue. Fatigue stinks, and it is hard to explain to people. It is so much more than just tired.

I have learned to make certain adjustments, and the family has to get it somehow.
                  Fatigue impacts my moods---that is hard with kids. If that is your problem, they need to learn that sometimes you have to rest to get back to normal.

I have learned to make certain choices. If you want to go out for an evening, then maybe you need a mid day nap. If we are traveling, like for a weekend, I need to add in a bit more time---like leaving Thursday night so that we are at the destination Friday with some sleep etc---not traveling Friday early AM and being expected to have a full day/evening that day etc.

I work full time and make choices there, too. I don't do all the "work/social" stuff after hours.

I have a cleaning lady---that is so much help. She only comes every other week, and I had her for a while before MS, but after--it became a necessity.
                  This is one of the things that makes it possible for me to work full time.

Comment

Working...
                  X