New to this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this forum

I am new to this forum. I have a lot of questions and I am hoping for support and camaraderie.

I was diagnosed in 2005, and I was in denial for a long time and kept my diagnosis secret for 5 years. I started out on Rebif, then Avonex, then Tysabri, which I have been on since 2007. My sight and speech are most effected, as is brain fog and mobility (walking), and extreme fatigue. It seems heat and hot weather effect me the worst.

Last year I gave birth to twins, and immediately relapsed into my worst MS symptoms in a long time. I have a nanny 12 hours a week, and I am trying to keep my stress levels moderate while raising them the best I can. Some days are better than others.

Oh my goodness, Sweetie. You've got your plate full!!

I can't relate to much, but I can tell you that stress and heat affect my fatigue so much! I received my DX two months ago and already I am learning to pay more attention to my body, take control of the things I can (as it relates to my anxiety and stress), and manage my life better.

You may think this sound counter productive, but getting in some light exercise really helps. I know you said you have issues with mobility, but even if you can get on a stationary bike for 10 minutes a day it will help eleviate stress and it is also good to build some muscle and endurance. It will be time well spent in an already chaotic world.

I wish you the best. I know how difficult it is with kids. I have an 8 yr old daughter and 5 yr old son and I'm doing it alone until my husband returns in November. Keep your chin up!

Comment

Hello and Welcome twinmama!

Hang in there, both of you! We're here for you. MS sucks...especially when you're raising a family, wow, that's a lot on your plates.

You'll get lots of info from reading through the forums. Also feel free to post any questions you may have.

You should both know that there are services available to you through your local MS Society Chapter. It's worth looking into. I also have mobility issues and I receive help at home.

For the rest of it, I've gotten all my info here, from the people who live with MS on a daily basis! We're all here to help, to support, encourage, and care!

Welcome to our big MS family!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi twinmama and PrissyJayne

welcome to both of you! You're both in a tough situations with 2 little ones and the MonSter.

My advice is if anyone offers to help answer "yes thank you" ..take care
        Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
        X