Hello again :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again :-)

It's been awhile since I've been on this group site. I had two grandaughters then. I am now the grandma to 5 girls :-).
    I am happy when I see them, but it makes me sad because I am a quadriplegic and can't play with them or hug them.
    Does any one else with multiple sclerosis have a similar situation?

Hi,
    I just wanted to say hello and welcome!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hello and Welcome Grandma2,

I have 3 granddaughters and it breaks my heart not to be able to be active with them.

Since I'm bedridden, all visits with them are in my bedroom. When they come over for dinner, my 6year old gd says: hi grandma, were over for another picnic.

All of us sit in a circle on the bed and hubby brings out all the food on a huge tray. We then prepare the plates and have a huge indoor picnic. The kids love it!

I also have story time for them. They snuggle in bed with me and we read a story, or play an iPad game. Sometimes we say knock-knock jokes.

The most important thing is to have quality time with them, no matter what you do or don't do.

Maybe have them come up with ideas of things to do together.

I still find it hard, especially when it's nice out and I'd love to take a walk. But I do my best with whatever abilities I have.

I hope you find something to ease your pain. I know how difficult it could be.

HUGS!!!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

CaroleL

When I was in nursing school, I worked in the "Hospice Unit" (giving my age away...hospice in a HOSPITAL! wow)
        I remember ONE specific patient, who wanted a "picnic" before they died. The staff brought in paper plates, table cloth, food, AND one nurse brought in a baby-food-jar that had ANTS in it, so the picnic would be "complete with ants". Perhaps you could have your husband get a few ants, this summer, and bring them in a jar to be with your and your granddaughters, for a picnic.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Lol Fishhead!

I'll skip on the ants, thank you very much! LMAO

By summertime, I'll have hubby carry me outside, on a blanket, after spraying the area with soap and water. I don't so bugs!

I love your sense of humor though!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
          X