It is Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is Official

Hello: I have been in and out for about a year but as of last Thursday I can now say I have RRMS. I have no health insurance and I am unemployed. However I am in a study here in Bradenton. The study is between Avonex and Gilenya. (sorry for spelling) anyways: I was chosen to take Avonex, I got my first dose. (1/4th dose.)

My father had MS; from diagnoses to death was roughly six years. I have been suffering since about 1996, but the last couple years it beginning to take it's toll. The first couple days I felt pretty good actually, but I feel like the small dose is wearing off today? I just wanted to fill people in on where I am.

I also have an autistic son and my wife of twenty two years needs a lung transplant so it is tough here. We are my wife's disability and fighting to keep my sons SSI. My oldest son just started college to become a psychologist. it is a private university so we have to make up the difference, He is also a cart pusher at Wal-mart.

God has been our hope and continues to be. Right now our biggest issue is transportation, My son's college is about thirty five minutes away and my wife will soon need to go to St Pete and Tampa a lot, we pray our 95 f-150 continues to work for us. Our income is limited. It seems there is no good answer for these issues. well this is my life. God Bless.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    God Bless:
    Charles (Toyman)

Second Shot

Half Dose today! feeling OK so far.
    God Bless:
    Charles (Toyman)

Comment

official

Charles, welcome to the site. You have alot going on and I hope you will use board for support and infomation. It has been a great tool for me although I sometimes feel I don't take full advantage of the resources. God bless and be well Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

me and my fam in some what the same

me my mom and olest sis have ms and transportation is hard we live in colorado and public transport helps us now my mom is still working me and my sis dont and are on ssdi and its hard here i would look in to seeing if there are probrames for your fam that could help if someone can drive i would try and get them a car thats what im tryig to do my dad is helping me god is one to help you just gotta look in the right placeses id call diabiluty and see what they can help with or the ms sosiaty hope all gose well i will be praying for you my fellow ms'er and fellow sick fam
        live and laugh in love cuz love is forever

Comment

Working...
        X