Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here but not to MS....going thru a very trying day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here but not to MS....going thru a very trying day.

Hello everyone,
    I've been looking for a place to be able to vent and get advice from others who are going thru a tough time. I was diagnosed over 17 years ago with only 2 major flareups, one of which resulted in a hospital stay after the birth of my daughter. My main symptoms over the years have mainly been, fatigue, brain fog and loss of balance until 2 weeks ago. I started to notice my feet were burning and tingling more than usual. Now I am dealing with very numb legs, heaviness, tingling and both hot and cold sensations. When I am on my feet, it seems to get worse especially when I walk. The scariest thing for me is that I don't have insurance, therefore, I am not able to afford to go to my neurologist or even thing about medication. My husband does not understand, he seems to be bothered by me not being "100%" which is very hard for me to deal with. I am an emotional mess and don't know what to do. It's hard hiding how scared I am, I don't want me kids to see me worry about this. Not sure what to do anymore.
    Tracy
    Certified Massage Therapist

Hi, just want to say, I understand about being scared.

Sending You lots of Light, Love & Laughter

Comment

Ask your husband to please spend a few hours on the MS forum and read the posts from other MS sufferers. Maybe then he will understand what you are going through. Like they say, "even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in awhile". Good luck and take care.

Comment

Tracycmt

Tracy,

Please contact the mssociety and see if there are any Dr's that will see you on a sliding scale based on income or will see you on a charity basis. My little sister (I adopted her at 18-long story)has had 2 kidney transplants and could only go to her kidney dr if they continued to care for her under charity and they did cheerfully. A lot of Dr's just want to make sure you are treated well. Are there any teaching hospitals near you? Sometimes they will work well with you as well. As far as the medications go, there are a variety of them that you can get for free with no insurance. I get my Tysabri for $10 a month. I got my Betaseron completely free and I have insurance. There are services that can help you if you look into them. Please seek help.
        RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Here's a link to the NMSS website under Finding Low or No-cost Care:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/liv...are/index.aspx

It might help you in finding some assistance. Good luck and take care. Hope tomorrow is a better day.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
          X