About me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About me

My wife and I have just celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary.
    She was diagnosed with MS more than ten years ago. I have been injecting her with Beta Seron every other day. She has had no noticeable exacerbations for many years now. She really hates the injections. I understand her dislike. She is on SSI and spends most of her time home with her 2 chihuahuas.
    I recently finished 3 years of college, after being laid off with "the skills of a dinosaur", as the interviewer at the unemployment office said that day. I worked part time most of those years and could not have succeeded without my wife's support. She, the unaccustomed-to, reluctant house wife, made my lunches, washed my clothes, and gave the much needed moral support for me to get my AA degree in Human Services and then a BA, allowing me to become hired as a Case Manager, to maintain home care services for elderly and disabled to stay in their own homes.
    She has decided to change to Gilenya. We are continuing to have that conversation now.

Congratsulations!

On several fronts!
    Good that you got re trained in something that will be becoming increasingly needed.
    And for being such a good husband too.
    Good luck on the treatment change too
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Congrats to you and a better example of teamwork one could not find. It's stories like yours that give me the strength to believe that 'it will be all right'. Thanks for that. Good luck

Comment

Welcome Terranen and congrats to you both. You two are wonderful examples of teamwork. Thank you for being there for your wife and she for you. We would love to have your wife join us as well!! As you will see, this place is full of awesome people who offer lots of information and support! Tell you wife hello from us
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

Uplifting post

Thank you for sharing your uplifting post. I'm so sorry you both are faced with this for the rest of your life, but I feel good vibes from you.

Comment

Heroes

Terranen, you and your wife are both heroes. It's so easy to walk away these days, when the going gets tough. I know -- I was my late husband's caregiver for 15 years -- how hard it is to do the teamwork you and your wife have exhibited.

You are both awesome!

Thanks for making me feel happy by sharing this.

Shelby

Comment

Hi Terranen, you and your wife of 31 years are a beautiful example of love, determination and teamwork! Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing this with us. I hope she may join in too!
                Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
                X