It's Just Me and The Pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Just Me and The Pets

For every parent out there who is drying some sentimental "first day of school" tears, I apologize for this but... WOO HOO!!!

2 kids live on their own, 2 started college, 1 started grade 11 and 1 started grade 12. I just can't help myself... WOO HOO!! (fist-pumping, dancing around, shaking the butt... I think you get the picture!). Did I say "WOO HOO"?
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Hi Cat Mom! I read many of your posts and love how you reach out to many. Thank you! My kids are all young adults and living on their own, but the day the youngest left and we found ourselves "empty nesters", I acquired 2 kitties (litter sisters). I seriously needed someone to mother!

They are mature cats now and still I'm loving and mothering them!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you for your kind words Seasha, that means a lot.

I have always been a cat mom (dog, lizard, gerbil mom). Since MS has kept me at home for a few years, I fear that I am changing from doting mom to crazy cat lady!

We still have 4 of our 6 kids living at home so it's a long time until empty nest sets in!

Comment

I was doing a little fist pumping when #2 and 3 left this morning. #1 is in the 6th grade and we are going to give public school online a try. So of the five, 3 are still home, (#4 and 5 are 3 years and 18 months), but the two that are gone are the two that fight the most, so it was pretty quiet today.

Comment

revolving door

and my #1 is back with her 2 kids (temporary) and #3 never left.....keeps me entertained an 'active' ..

I am still smiling from reading your post Cat Mom!
          Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Both of my kids are now off to school.
            I have a senior and a 8th grader.

I had to leave my job so I'm going to housewife it for awhile to get my health under control.

So yep, it's me and the dogs.

Comment

I was REALLY grateful when school started back up (2 weeks ago here). Both of my kids are in high school. Just the fact to get the bickering out of the house for that much a day, and for it to be quiet again gave me peace!
              Diagnosis: May, 2008
              Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Even with me having 4 kids, this will be the first time is 17 years that I have had mornings to myself!!!
                4 year old is in preschool 1/2 day mornings, 7 year old is in 1st grade, 14 year old is in 8th grade, and then my girl is in 12th grade!!!

Thursday will be my first morning to come back home and go to bed if I like!!! whoooo!!!!

No tears for me!
                Fighting the MonStor, and the Beast of Depression.
                A fake smile can hide a Millon tearS

Comment

I prematurely "WOO HOOed"... I forgot about homework! I was counting on them out-smarting me by this age and not needing any help. My step son who just started college is offering to pay me to do "this totally lame" on-line class for him!

Comment

Y'all are funny. I remember, too, being glad school started, but I worked so it wasn't a whoo hoo moment really.

My 38 and 40 year old son and daughter live at home, never married, college educated. Just kept leaving to work in big cities and returning back home to the country. They are both self-employed now and work at home. They take care of everything for me. Times are so rough for people now, I don't know how others make it.

Life is so weird.

Like reading your life snippets.

Comment

Working...
                    X