Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and new to MS

Hello folks,
    I was just diagnosed at the beginning of the month.
    It's been eventful physically and emotionally.

I had a steady job but gave that up because if Disk degenerative disease and my wonderful symptoms of MS. So I'm going to "house wife" it for awhile while my wife lets me get a grip on things.

Well, see ya around.

Welcome

Welcome Buzzb.

I was newly married (3 months) when I was diagnosed in October of last year. I have been on disability since. I am not saying that will be your case, but it is definitely a struggle to get used to staying at home. I was working 40-70 hour weeks, usually closer to 70 and now do my best to get a load of laundry done and remember to do anything else I need to do for that day. There are some days that I am in so much pain that I just stay in bed and there are other days that I am able to be mobile. One the same note, there are days when my memory is better than others.

I have had a lot of issues with the emotional aspect of the diagnosis and the feeling that I am not a useful member of society anymore since I cannot work. I have been seeing a psychiatrist and I am about to begin seeing a therapist also to try to bring my self worth back up and realize that I am still human. You have found a wonderful site and a wonderful support group here. This was the best group I have ever found and honestly I talk with some of them so much on threads that I consider them friends now. A great group of people that are here for you to vent, cry, laugh, or anything you need.

Again, welcome and good luck with everything.
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Buzzb,
      I saw you in chat, really glad you found this site and the chat. Sorry for the reason you had to find it though. I was dxed (diagnosed) in June of this year and it took me by surprise. I found this site shortly afterwards. It has been so helpful to me.

I would get on here post question and get answers and then take the info to my neuro if it was about meds or sx (symptoms). Made me much more informative when explaining things to my daughter.

Anyway, Welcome!

Comment

Working...
      X