Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just diagnosed & very unsure

Hi,

I am so new to all of this, I was finally diagnosed last friday and am so unsure of what to do and where to go. My neuro has decided to put me on Rebif, he didnt tell me much about it. Can anyone help me?

So sorry to hear you had to join this forum.

I have been on rebif for 4 months now and I have not had any negative side effects. I still have had 2 flares since starting, but it's still new so we'll see.

As far as the ms, well I thought I would be happy when I had an answer for all my problems. I'm not happy about the answer. It's a tough road. I still don't know where it will lead me.

Keep informed and stay on this forum for information.

Good Luck!
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Lan! It's nice to meet you. Although, I'm sorry you are here, it's great you reached out to us. I can't help you with questions about Rebif, but if you go to the Medications and Treatments forum, there are subforums about all the different type of meds. You will find some good information there.

Also, we have a forum called Limbo-lands and Newly Diagnosed where you can talk with others newly diagnosed. Never be shy about asking questions....we are here to help!

Be well and come back often!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sorry to welcome you to the board, Lan. I hope you use this place for its intended purpose, to get information and stay involved with others who are in much the same 'boat'.
        I see you are confused about where to turn and what to do. Yeah, that pretty much says it all about most of us.
        I prefer to assist in my treatment. I don't take what the doctors say as 'gospel'. I have been on this site and the web looking for any answers that the doctors didn't take their $400.00 time to educate me. I take very few pharmaceutical drugs . Then, I take vitamins and supplements to try to correct any deficiencies in my diet. And I am trying to go 'whole hog' into changing my entire diet. I have yet to read anything, anywhere, that suggests that health issues won't respond positively to proper nutrition. I suggest you read everything on this site about your treatment choices and don't be afraid to give us your perspective, when you feel like it. Good luck

Comment

I was on Rebif for seven years. My neuro put me on it as soon as I was diagnosed. I've had no relapses since diagnosis.

I recently had to change meds because I couldn't tolerate Rebif anymore, but had that not been the case I would have stayed on it.

My biggest hints:

- Stay really well hydrated
          - Take Advil or Aleve before your shot

Of course I'm no doctor and everyone is different, but I can tell you about my experiences on Rebif.

Comment

never give up!

first thing i want to say is i'm no good w/ computers so anything could happen here. [expect the unknown cuz i exxperiment w/ the computer-smiles, etc may appear in the midst of a word, etc.] it will b a semi miracle if i can find this site again. i want to get out there what i've learned w/ m.s.-DO WHAT YOU CAN WHILE YOU CAN. i have a story-too long for me to type. suffice it to say- do what you are able to do while you're able to do it.

Originally posted by Lan View Post
            Hi,

I am so new to all of this, I was finally diagnosed last friday and am so unsure of what to do and where to go. My neuro has decided to put me on Rebif, he didnt tell me much about it. Can anyone help me?

Comment

Working...
            X