Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone

I am still coming to terms with m
    y dx a year ago. not happy to say the least but feel very lonely and I'm sure others on here will understand. lost much of my mobility and very rarely leave my home. what bothers me the most is having small children and being unable to care for them as I should. I'm sorry to be so miserable.

{{{ HUGS }}}}

Sorry you are still struggling so much Midland. You do not have to ever apologize here for how you feel nor for your need to vent. Having children, home and family to care for along with yourself, is a lot to deal with I agree. Staying home most of the time, no wonder you feel so alone. Glad you found us and are reaching out for help.

Do you have family, neighbors or a church you could ask for some assistance? Even if you do not belong, maybe you can ask area churches & Pastors and I bet there would be some help offered.

What are your doctors saying about your condition? Are you getting any therapy? Like PT or OT?

Again, please let us know how you are doing.. and know that I will be thinking of you often.

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Midland

I am sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time. Having small children at home must make things especially difficult for you.

As for being lonely, I feel that way too sometimes, but coming here, reading posts and sharing my thoughts and feelings about this nasty disease helps me quite a bit. I have a pretty good support network around me, but it is nice to be able to 'talk' to those that have 'been there, done that'.

No one understands better than another MSer just how physically, emotionally and mentally this disease can attack us. Sometimes it's a rough row to hoe and having this forum as a safe place to 'talk' makes the day go a little better for me.

So, I welcome you to the forum. Please take some time for yourself, read and post as the spirit moves you, and hopefully you will find some ideas, relief, and inspirations to make your load a bit lighter.
      Echo
      DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Welcome Midland!! So glad you reached out to us. I'm going to mimic Jan in that you should never ever apologize in feeling miserable!!! You are miserable right at this moment and have every right to be.

I have had MS for 23 years now and sometime still have rough patches, so it's very understandable that you are still trying to come to terms. There is an element of grieving that all of us with MS go through.

So nice to meet you and hope you come back often.
        How old are your children? I know you will be strong for them.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Midland, no need to apologize here! I hope you find a wee bit of comfort and company here. Having small children must take its toll, there's no down time and you must be flat-out exhausted. It goes by so quickly, although it doesn't feel like it now, here's hoping you can enjoy some of it.
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

thankyou everyone

Your replies have been so kind. I appreciate them all so much. Its horrid when no one else can understand the weirdness of the sensations that can come with this illness. I don't even understand it myself at times, how you can have moments of feeling a little normal bye then all of a sudden you feel strange, unbalanced and as hours half of your limb is somehow missing because it just doesn't feel right.

Just to have people that understand is worth so much.

Comment

Working...
            X