Parent with newly diagnosed child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parent with newly diagnosed child

My daughter is 19 and newly diagnosed. I have been unable to find any groups for parents. Does anyone know of any?

Welcome, ssartlight! So sorry to hear about your daughter, but it's great that you came here to ask. The NMSS (National MS Society) has a pediatric MS support group that you could explore with your daughter. You can find it at http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...oup/index.aspx

We would love your daughter to join our MS community here as well if she would like. We have a special forum called "I Can Relate" & within this there are sub-forum for teens and also for young adults. She might be interested in sharing her experience, questions, etc. with others her age.

It's wonderful that you are taking an interest on behalf of your daughter! Hang in there - both of you!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you! This is all very new to us, we are shocked and saddened by the diagnosis. She was first diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis and now with Clinical Isolation Syndrome. Her MRI's show she is in early stages of MS.

Comment

Hello, I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm not sure where you live but please contact your local MS Society chapter. They have a fantastic Newly Diagnosed Series plus a wealth of info, resources and support. I hope things become a bit easier to digest for your family once the shock wears off. She obviously has a very supportive parent and you deserve a pat on the back.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
        X