No announcement yet.

Walking Drunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can totally understand feeling like you are walking drunk. I do this a lot. It seems when I have been sitting for to long it gets pretty bad and the more tired I am the worse it gets. Good to see people joking about it. I am new to admitting I have issues and its nice to see people not only feel the same way I do, but are able to move past it and deal with things just fine. Thanks!

Comment

That's absolutely right - sitting too long sets it off for me. And showers. And standing too long.
      I, too, grab the loose shopping carts from the car park and 'walk' them back, Bob.
      It is indeed our civic duty.

Comment

Walking

When I was first DXed my doc gave me his card and said if I ever got stopped (and wasn't drunk) the officer should call him. I could not walk a stright line back then.

28 years later I really have trouble, use a 4 wheel walker more than a cane. I find it funny to walk using my cane with my husband when he's had a few tooo many

Always something to brighten our days

Toot
        toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
        Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Walker

Toot 2818

Sorry, I just read your response. I have a walker but I have resisted using it.

That was was cute though, I can picture you and your husband.

Thank you

Comment

Tortis

I just read your reply about walking drunk. I laughed out loud. So true. One thing I did not think about is if I use a cane or walker people may not wonder what is wrong. Thanks

Comment

Self pity

I have been off and on this site quickly over the past month and a half and did not realize there were so many responses to walking drunk.

I am not alone, Whew! Thank you for such uplifting and humorous responses. I need to focus on the positive. I am so afraid of being a burden to my kids.

God put me in this place for a reason, I will work on being more positive. Thank you all.

Comment

I know the feeling well. Always the "drunk walk" with a cane.

It was only three years ago I was walking around Gettysburg, and was walking six miles a week on my treadmill.

I had to sell the treadmill, no travel any more, and I'm lucky to walk to my car to get to work.

Comment

I got a card around the house somewhere that some medical entity came up with to hand to an officer explaining MS and walking drunk. I've had it since the early 90's and never used it. I'm still walking but I always use the handrail on stairs and the carts at home depot.

I guess I should find that card. I've been pulled over twice in the last year for not wearing a seatbelt (I put the shoulder portion under my arm because if I wear it right it sits right where my heart was operated on).

Tom
                  "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
                  - Voltaire

Comment

I have balance issues too. Some days are definately worse than others. I use a cane around the house on the bad days and always use a cane when I'm in town.

I just call it a stagger with my swagger!

Comment

Walking Drunk or Drunk walking

I probably need the sign around my neck when I walk as it seems to draw an awful lot of looks. The harder I try to walk normal the worse it looks.

I end up walking stiff legged as my legs either bend very wobbly or stiff and do not bend well at all. To me spastic legs feel like they have lost all elasticity.

My right foot drop causes a lot of tripping and dragging my toes. Walking like this is work. It wears me out if I have to walk for any distance.

I always joke about this problem when around others or just say give me another beer. People generally laugh but it does hurt me.

I am an RN retired now on disability and this is extremely hard to accept. I will, I have no choice. I wonder how bad it will get. If I could stay like this I could adapt.

Thank you everyone for your responses, I appreciate any and all support. Hopefully I will grow and learn And at some point be able to help someone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X