Susan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susan

about myself; I was told I had MS when I was 17 yo. that was 45 years ago. I didn't know anything about MS and didn't want to know. my ignorance supported my denial for the next 23 years. I had my first MRI when I was 40 yo - I could no longer ignore my symptoms - i.e. vision impairment and obvious difficulty walking (obvious to others). For the next 20 years I was a ble to acknowledge that I had MS and that it was a disease of physical impairment. So, when I began experiencing memory loss and other cognitive difficulties I tried to ignore it. Depression led to social isolation and deeper depression. Too embarassed to talk about it - even with my PA who I see every month.
    Now I need help and don't know how to find it.

My heart goes out to you, Susan. I went through a time when MS was a possible diagnosis for my symptoms but was eventually ruled out--but I found alot of support during that time on these forums. I know the people here will help you on your journey! My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Comment

Hi Susan!
      What kind of help do you need? Two places to call would be your areas "Agency on Ageing" and "Community Action", or whatever it might be called there.
      Do you have local family members? Is there a Senior Center with transport in your town?
      Isolation is the WORST, I do it to myself too sometimes.
      Come back and talk to us

Comment

Hello Susan and welcome to MSWorld! Being here will be helpful for the isolation that you feel. I know it has helped me and many others, so come back and visit us often!!!

You haven't given us information as to whether you have a trusted neurologist or are on any DMD's or other medications, but depression is no stranger to living with MS. There are many medications to help alleviate this. If you are hesitant to speak with a doctor or counselor about this, here is a place to call -

aplaceofhope.com/depression-information

You can talk privately and remain anonymous or you can speak to someone online.

Bless your Hope you seek help and the sooner the better!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X