Nice to meet you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to meet you all

Hello all, I'm Tyler, I was diagnosed with MS in '08, since then I been on Copaxone. Last December 28th I've changed me diet which I turned vegetarian and can't be more prouder. Even though my mom still "forgets" that I'm vegetarian and sometimes I feel pushed into eatting that discussing slab of meat. like yesterday I was with my grandparents and my mom at turtles bar & grill. they ordered chicken wings & I got asked 3 times "Why don't you want chicken wings? don't you like chick wings?" Even though I stood my ground, it did bother me about how some people can't remember or respect vegetarians,

I bought years ago a book by a doctor, called "Deadly Emotions, understanding the mind-body-spirit connection that can heal or destroy you"" its about our emotions, some which may turn deadly if we don't control them "Stress, anger, fear, anxiety and depression-any negative emotion can become a ticking time bomb"

on the from it read, "Anger and Hostility-Hypertension and Coronary Artery Disease. Resentment, Bitterness, Unforgiveness, and Self-Hatred -Autoimmune Disorders, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, and Multiple Sclerosis. Anxiety -Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Panic Attacks, Mitral Valve Prolapse, and Heart Palpitations. Repressed Anger -Tension and Migraine Headaches, Chronic Back Pain, TMJ, and Fibromyalgia.

Hi there! If the vegetarian thing is working for you I think it's great
    There are alot of people here that have found better feelings with all kinds of food "diets", supplements, vitamins, and I think theres a couple of different message boards dedicated to health practices.
    Don't give up on a supportive family, so many here don't have that at all. Yeah, the food thing is a big issue with lots of families because so many lifetime get togethers seem to circle around food- cultural maybe? But good for you for standing your ground.
    I don't know if you live on your own, but if you do, you can always make and take your own vegetarian foods to share with family at gatherings, you really can't expect them to cater to your desires if its not a regular family thing.
    Remember too, you don't HAVE TO go to those restaurant gatherings where you know everybody else eats meat, unless you choose to order your own seperate ticket.

Comment

I commend you for sticking to the vegiterian thing.. I tried and can get away with it somedays.. but I gotta have me some meat
      limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Originally posted by ladibabe View Post
        I commend you for sticking to the vegiterian thing.. I tried and can get away with it somedays.. but I gotta have me some meat
        Thank you, I love being a vegetarian but sometimes every now & then just a plain hamburger or a turkey burger will do. But other than that I find vegetarianism great and beneficial.

Comment

Working...
        X