New no dx and still ms is the winner of symPtoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New no dx and still ms is the winner of symPtoms

Hi. I just signed up because i didnt know where else to go. Ive. Been seeing a nuero and my brain mri was clear. My evps normal. My reflexes no good and a failed memory test. Awaiting nerve tests and mris of the spines. Im soo lost i dont no what to make of all of this. My symptoms r of ms. Everything else has been ruled out including vitamin deficiencies. My drs exact words are i dont want you to have ms. Just because i dont see anything in your brain. Doesnt mean its not there and all uour symptoms fall in line with ms. Im sorry for coming on this site simce im not diagnosed. But dont know where else to go. Has anyone here heard of this before.

Hi 2Pink,

Welcome to MS World! Many people who are "in limbo" (what we call it here when people are in the the diagnositc process but don't have true answers) come here and are completely and totally welcome! We're so glad you've come, but so sorry for the reasons why.

My diagnostic journey was very short and conclusive, so I haven't dealt with what you're experiencing as far as not having answers (only for about 7 weeks last summer), but I can understand how totally frustrating and frightening it can be to be where you are.

Hang in there. Hopefully you'll get answers soon.

If it's MS, know that there are medications that can help slow the progression, decrease the risk of further damage, and possibly stop development of new lesions/symptoms. While MS is a frigthening thing to here, there is a lot that can be done, and it's different for every person.

I hope you're able to find a lot of good support here; I have, and I'm thankful for the many, many kind, helpful, supportive, knowlegeable people I've had the privelege of meeting here.

Good luck, and keep us posted about what's happening with you.

Sending positive energy your way,
    Kim

Comment

Thank you for that support. I dont want a disease but would love the closure to this uncertainty and would like the options of treatment. Im trying to remain positive and even though im in pain im greatful im not in alot. Just wish i was more alet energetic. And didnt feel things that noone else feels. My. Main symptoms or sensory issues than cognitive than physical Even my dr saying he doesnt want me to have ma but thats where his head keeps going I dont wanna ramble. God bless everyone who is going thru this whether they have a diagnosis or not

Comment

"Thank you for that support. I dont want a disease but would love the closure to this uncertainty and would like the options of treatment. Im trying to remain positive and even though im in pain im greatful im not in alot. Just wish i was more alet energetic. And didnt feel things that noone else feels. My. Main symptoms or sensory issues than cognitive than physical Even my dr saying he doesnt want me to have ma but thats where his head keeps going I dont wanna ramble. God bless everyone who is going thru this whether they have a diagnosis or not"

Well, 2pink, I think you are probably experiencing what many people experience, so I don't think you're alone in your feelings of sensory and cognitive issues, for sure. Those are two of my main issues (along with vision issues). It doesn't make it better necessarily to know others understand what you're experiencing, but maybe it helps to know that people share your experiences.

I think any good doctor who cares about his/her patients would say the same, no one WANTS someone to have MS. But the truth is, in the grand scheme of things, MS isn't the worst diagnosis we could have, really. It's almost never fatal, and any changes we have can usually be adapted to. While it's frightening to think that we cannot predict what may come, that's the case with life in general, really. I think we just have to take it one day at a time, and make adaptations as we must to any changes we've experienced.

Keep coming back, and keep hanging in there. One day at a time (I know that's easy to say, cuz sometimes I go to the "oh no, what's happening to me" place, too).

Take care,
        Kim

Comment

Welcome to the site 2pink I hope you find all the answers to your questions. You have definitely found a great resource and support group here. I started having Sx in 2010 very late in the year.. it took me a while to get a diagnosis the hardest was finding a good neuro. They all seem to be very unwilling to dx even if you meet all the criteria. But, that's a good thing, it is a life changing event so you want to be sure.
          limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Working...
          X