Hi! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! :)

Hey all, I've been kinda lurking around here for a bit, stop in the chats rooms and in here to read what others are saying etc. This whole MS thing has me a bit puzzled. I guess I like a mystery and my body picked the best one it could think of?

Anyway, I'm Kate. I have two Labradors and am in the process of redefining myself. I was dx in May of 2011 and now a year later I'm still quite puzzled since I cannot be who I once was. Who I was was someone extremely active, the owner of a business who worked about 24/7 and every weekend and still managed to workout and ride horses at least three times a week, paint, do photography, and was a mean violinist.

MS has me fatigued, disoriented, and shaky just to name a few. I'm hardly working so the bill collectors keep calling, I also sleep a whole lot! Great dreams though!

My goal is to get a grip of this and take back part of who I was and hold on, redefine that and gain some clarity. I also feel like some major changes need to be made but find myself saying, "oh tomorrow is better."

Need some real discipline and need to find the strength to get it. Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong? Well, thanks for this board and I look forward to knowing you!

~ Kate
    "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a woman"

Welcome Hawkfeather68! Glad to have you here at MSW! You sound like you have a good attitude despite the mysteries of MS. I know you will find answers and support among all the wonderful people here. Take care!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

hi Kate
      im Melissa and i know what ur going through. 6 years ago i had to redefine myself as well. I was hard and i wouldnt want to do it again, but i wouldnt be who i am today if i didnt have to do it.

as for the fatigue, i would talk to ur doctor about anti-fatigue pills. there are a few out there. I am on Nuvigil (there is also provigil) and i will never give it up. i can imagine myself dying in a hail of gun fire. and when they find my body I will be clutching my nuvigil (well, not really but I love my drugs. call me a druggie if you want)
      Learn from yesterday
      Live for today
      Hope for tomorrow

Comment

Working...
      X