New here...in process diagnosis for CIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here...in process diagnosis for CIS

My symptoms started three weeks ago, I got up from my desk at work, and my leg just felt...weird for lack of a better word. I wrote it off as a nerve thing, or maybe it was asleep. I fell several times at weekend and kept dropping things with my left hand.

I went back to work on Monday and I couldn't type anything legible with my left hand...went right to urgent care.

The Dr did some stroke/neurological tests and set me up for an MRI the next day. The day after the MRI they called and said I had "abnormalities" that indicated MS or some other neurological issues.

Saw my neuro DR on Thursday (he was awesome btw). He said that unless my test return something we are not expecting, I will be dx with Clinically Isolated Syndrome. (how do you explain that diagnosis? MS Lite?)

I am on a 5 day steroid IV to reduce my current lesion, have an LP in a couple weeks, am going to PT, and basically trying to wrap my brain around ll of this....

Thanks for reading!

WELCOME ANTHOMANIAC!!!! I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell.

I'm not sure how to describe that diagnosis. C.I.S. is the first step to an MS diagnosis. The neuro needs to make sure before he can give you a definite diagnosis.

You can and are McDonald criteria in your search engine and find out exactly what is needed for a diagnosis.

There are many here in "limbo". People here are sympathetic and supportive to any needs you have. Remember, we have all been there.

An occupational therapist can address your issues as far as work goes. When you can do is best left to them. GOOD LUCK.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I guess I don't consider myself in limbo land...I have 4-6 visible older lesions, and one laaaarge active lesion near my brain stem. My neuro has said that baring my test reslults showing anything he is not expecting, that I have ms but the without multiple flares, cis is a starting point. So unless something comes out of the tests, then I will consider that I have ms...

Comment

New here too and doc just said possible MS

I'm 43 and a teacher. In January I had sudden dizziness, vomiting and headaches. First they thought Vertigo then after 2 weeks of not being able to get out of bed or walk without getting dizzy and falling they said Vestibular Neuritis. I have nystagmus in my eyes and they did an MRI and MRA... both negative. The dizziness has gotten better but I have trouble concentrating and doing cognitive things such as writing a check or helping my kids with homework and I get bad headaches daily and have vision problems and lightheadedness. I have aches in my legs and last week I started having numbing sensations in my hands and tongue. Tongue..??? so bizarre.

Today my doc said he wants me to go eye doc to have my optic never looked at and then he wants to schedule a Spinal Tap. I was...am... floored. How can this be MS? Wouldn't there be other signs?? I'm so confused.
        dx June 2012
        Copaxone

Comment

Working...
        X