new to this and hating it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to this and hating it!

I was finally comfortable as a single mom with a deadbeat ex. Things were looking great and the new year was gonna be great. Then one day I had trouble seeing out of my left eye. It would come and go so I figured it was just stress. The next morning I could barely see anything out of that eye. Was diagnosed with ms after MRIs, and lots of blood work. Broke my left wrist requiring surgery. 4 pins, a plate and three screws. Now my right leg and ARM feel like they are asleep without the tingling. Dr gave me steroids now I can't sleep. Will begin treatment on friday, most likely daily injections which will be interesting since I am a fainter. Still have not told my 9 year old this news but will have to this weekend. Stress is not a strong enough word to describe how I am feeling. How do you cope with all this with out going crazy?

Oh No Ms. Wendy. I am very sorry to hear of all of your troubles at one time. Some days I am crazy and some days I am not. They are all not as stressfull as what you are going through now. You will have good days and bad ones.

I am very sorry to hear as well that you have to tell your 9 y/o this weekend, since it sounds like you are going to start your injections soon. I wish you the best of luck. I was amazed at how my husband and son stepped it up when they could see it was a bad day.

Remember this is a wonderful site with lots of great people, and lots of them have wonderful advice. I am only 2 1/2 years and just wanted you to know someone has felt how you are now. Some how some days it helps to know that others feel the same pain you do. I hope that things get better really soon.

Marie
    LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Comment

Wendy, I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis and that you are struggling so badly, then, just to pile it on... your surgery! No wonder you are so stressed and overwhelmed. My heart goes out to you.

Believe it or not, you will get used to it (MS), you probably won't like it very much... but it will most likely improve once you find the right medicine combo, you will get to know your body more than you care to!

You should hook up with your MS Society, they have many resources including stuff to help you talk to your son and answer questions at the 9 year old level.

Please try to stay calm, I know it sounds impossible right now but it is imperative with this crazy, unpredictable disease.

Keep us posted on your progress, there are lots of good people here to help you.

Blessings,
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
      X