new to all of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to all of this

Hi everyone! Was just diagnosed 2/27/12. Still reeling from the news. Just wanted to get on somewhere and talk to people who are also living with MS. Hope to meet some great folks on here!!

Hi there, Mandarey,

Welcome to MS World! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you've certainly come to a place where people can at least relate to what you're going through. It's a life-altering diagnosis, and definitely can put one in a tailspin, but over time, I think you can adjust, change your expectations, and live a full, enriching life.

I was diagnosed last August, fortunately after a rather short pre-diagnosis journey. I'm 40, have a partner of 16 years and a son, and work as an inpatient floor nurse. It definitely has thrown me for a loop, and I'm still adjusting, but it's not as ever-present for me as it was when I was very first diagnosed. Dealing with the symptoms, problems and issues that arise is frustrating at times, but manageable, mostly.

Are you going to be starting on an MS medication? If so, what have you chosen? I started on Rebif but have now switched to Tysabri due to a flare with new spinal lesion in January.

The chat room here is a great place for support, comraderie and general goodness. There are so many great people here with such good insight into living with MS.

Good luck on your journey; you've found a great resource in this website to help you along your way!

Take care,
    Kim

Comment

Working...
    X