Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long journey.....finally Dx today!

Hello all,

Wanted to share my story with you because another's story here led me to MS, after 10+ years of chasing symptoms.

I'm 47 yrs old. For the last 10-15 yrs, I've experienced weird spells of debilitating nausea that hit with very little warning. Something like this: cold grocery store, hot flash/sweating, instant vomiting along with allover itching. This usually lasts 8-10 hrs.

I'm also aggravated by cognitive symptoms that are increasing in frequency/severity. Can't remember simple things like how to put in my contacts or where I store my tupperware. I have a hard time finding the words I want to use and am starting to spit out incorrect words.

I've seen three neuros, an endocrinologist, and a psychiatrist. Have been diagnosed with classic migraines, abdominal migraines, hypothyroidism, and major depression. I didn't think any of the doctors had hit the nail on the head yet.

I've had a variety of other symptoms off and on, but even I didn't connect them all as being related.

In October my tongue became numb on one side and I began slurring my words. I began searching the internet AGAIN for a reason for my latest symptom. I came across MS for the first time. I had most of the symptoms.

Made an immediate appt with my GP. He sent me to a fab neuro who runs the MS clinic at Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital in Lexington, KY. Dr. Blake said my symptoms didn't scream MS but ordered MRI's anyway. He reviewed them today.......
    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

So then after he reviewed them, what was the conclusion, or have you met with him to find out the answers?

Whatever the conclusion, I wish you good luck. Sounds like you're with a physician about whom you feel good, and that's a huge thing, I think.

Hope you get the answers you've been seeking!

Comment

yes,finding a dr that knows about ms ,lets you sleep better at night,,or any time,lol

if a dr wont look for an answer,with all the problems,then i would try a new dr.,,,

Comment

Working...
      X