Just joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined

Hi! My name is Mary and I was diagnosed with RRMS in May, 2011. Although I am newly diagnosed, I have been having symptoms for many years, as far back as 1995 that no one recognized as being MS related. I am 56 years of age and the mother of 2 grown children and the proud grandmamma to one 8 year old grandson. He is the light of my life.

I am also a 13 year Breast Cancer survivor and I think going through that experience made me a stronger person and I am up for whatever challenges this MS may have in store for me. Although, I have to say that there are many times I feel all alone with this disease because although I talk to my family and friends about how I may be feeling at any particular time, I still know so little about this disease and that leads me to feeling isolated and alone.

It is wonderful to have a community like MSWorld that I can share my feelings with others who can relate to having MS and hopefully, I can also be there to help others at a time when they feel that same need. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

**Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

Welcome to MSWorld, Mary!

We're glad to have you joining us, and we'll do our best to give you the information and support you're seeking.

Comment

Hi Mary, Welcome.
      My name is Judy but everyone calles me Nona. I'm 66yrs old have 3 grown children & 8 G'kids from 18mo.to 12yrs.
      I'm a widow who lives w/ my son & family in D.C. I was dx.in 2000.but like you had it much longer.
      I applaud you for your courage in fighting Breast Cancer.
      I am looking forward to your posts,we chat,ask questions, Vent,& get wonderful information from eachother..
      God Bless Nona judy

Comment

Working...
      X