Music to Cure MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music to Cure MS

Read about plans for the 8th annual Music to Cure MS concert at singtocurems.org

Sunday, October 24, 2010, 3-5 pm
    Park Avenue Congregational Church
    50 Paul Revere Rd, Arlington, MA

to benefit the Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis
    (acceleratedcure.org), a non-profit dedicated to curing MS by determining its causes.

Once I realized I no longer had the strength & stamina to sing an entire recital or role myself anymore, I started organizing these concerts. I sing one song myself (except when I've lost my voice in an MS attack), & invite excellent singers & other musicians - and we put on a great concert each year!

Hello Mic

How fantastic is that - organizing concerts to benefit those of us with MS through a non-profit org dedicated to determining the causes of MS

I love live music concerts, and wish I could be in MA this October.

Hope your voice is in tip-top shape for the concert

Keep up the great work!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Music to Cure MS - the concrt is near!

I just had a bit of an MS flare... mostly just optic neuritis, but it's slowed concert plans a bit. But we're all set for the 8th annual concert:

Sunday, October 24, 2010, 3-5 pm
      Park Avenue Congregational Church
      50 Paul Revere Rd, Arlington, MA

I've been keeping up the concert web site at singtocurems.org/2010/ ... it's a challenge, as singers come and go, but I expect it to be another fabulous concert!

We have a world premier flute solo by Jim Ricci, arias by Mozart, R. Strauss, Benjamin Britten... songs by Brahms, de Falla, Cage... and there's Broadway, too: Bernstein, Kern... I'll be singing a piece for violin, piano & soprano by Saint-Saens... and I'm determined to recruit someone to add a G&S patter song to the mix.

If you're in eastern MA, come to the concert, and say hi. It's a benefit for the Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis (acceleratedcure.org), a non-profit dedicated to curing MS by determining its causes - really worth supporting!

Comment

Hi Mic

The concert sounds wonderful! And of course a great cause - thanks!

Glad to hear you'll be able to sing.

Wish I lived in Arlington MA (at least on October 24th!)

Best wishes for a successful concert.

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'll have to check it out, I'm in Somerville, so a hop skip & a jump away!

Comment

Working...
          X