MS/my story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS/my story...

hello all.. i was diagnosis with MS in 2009 and diagnosis with myasthenia gravis in 1999 which is another neurological disease that people really are not aware of( and a whole other testimony)..when the dr's told me i had MS i was like how in the world do u get not 1 but 2 neurological diseases.. of course they had no answer except that it is possible..clearly i said...i have to say that i have been maintaining(copaxone) and my children and family have been my strength. what i struggle with the most right now is the depression some days i feel like i am losing my mind the other thing that has been challenging is because i have relapsing MS staying employed has been the biggest task..

SSI has denied me because they say that the work i use to do I can still do..true enough but with the economy the way it is i still do not have a job..and i am now faced with so many financial problems that keeping a roof over me and my daughters head has become impossible..and i feel so alone..and so depressed..

i signed on cause i needed to share something..i was at a Vocational rehabilitation appointment.and there was another woman there with MS/progressive and my heart fell to the floor because although we suffer from the same disease her physical impairment hurt me and scared me and i somewhat felt embarrassed of my disease and i was uncomfortable around her and did not want her to know i had MS..this is also the reason i have not been to any support groups in my area.

i know sounds crazy but i'm working on this and my 1st step was loggin on here, i don't want to feel alone in my MS world anymore....

Welcome!

I'm glad that you've signed on because you felt the need for a support network that understands
    Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
    UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

WELCOME!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN COME HERE AND BE ANONOMOUS! SO THERE IS NO NEED TO SHELTER YOURSELF. ASK WHATEVER YOU WANT AWNSERS TO. GOOD LUCK.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome Holly don't be ashamed you are not the only one. When I do go for my visits I get scared when I see people who are in a bad place with the disease.
        limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Welcome Holly don't be ashamed you are not the only one. When I do go for my visits I get scared when I see people who are in a bad place with the disease.
          limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Welcome Holly, glad you came..I remember thinking the exact same way at one of my first MS group's when they wheeled someone in on a gurney...scary!!!

Sorry about your financial situation..this disease feeds on stress...I hope things are better for you soon ..

Take care
            Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

You're not alone anymore

Originally posted by hollyblue02 View Post
              hello all.. i was diagnosis with MS in 2009 and diagnosis with myasthenia gravis in 1999 which is another neurological disease that people really are not aware of( and a whole other testimony)..when the dr's told me i had MS i was like how in the world do u get not 1 but 2 neurological diseases.. of course they had no answer except that it is possible..clearly i said...i have to say that i have been maintaining(copaxone) and my children and family have been my strength. what i struggle with the most right now is the depression some days i feel like i am losing my mind the other thing that has been challenging is because i have relapsing MS staying employed has been the biggest task..

SSI has denied me because they say that the work i use to do I can still do..true enough but with the economy the way it is i still do not have a job..and i am now faced with so many financial problems that keeping a roof over me and my daughters head has become impossible..and i feel so alone..and so depressed..

i signed on cause i needed to share something..i was at a Vocational rehabilitation appointment.and there was another woman there with MS/progressive and my heart fell to the floor because although we suffer from the same disease her physical impairment hurt me and scared me and i somewhat felt embarrassed of my disease and i was uncomfortable around her and did not want her to know i had MS..this is also the reason i have not been to any support groups in my area.

i know sounds crazy but i'm working on this and my 1st step was loggin on here, i don't want to feel alone in my MS world anymore....
              Your story sounds a bit like mine. I told no one for 15 years. Some probably expected, especially when I showed up one day with a cane. My experience has been that since I've started reading and being involved in this site I feel comforted in the information available, not as depressed as others are worse off, and know that in letting my fingers do the talking, I do feel better. Good luck and as people say who are having a good day, "It's all about your attitude."

Comment

Welcome to the site. I know its easy for someone to say keep a positive attitude, but you reaching out is a great step in getting in touch with people that can make you smile again.

For the SS, find an attorney, it's no money up front, they get like 25% of the backpay if they get you approved and it goes back to when you applied. It won't cost you anything, so give it a try, never know! It's almost routine for them to turn everyone down at least once, guess they hope you'll get discouraged and give up.

If you need to communicate with someone directly, if you find someone who you like what they post or come across, check their profiles, lots of people put their emails in their profile so you can reach out if you like. Also check out the chat room, it is actually a more positive environments, with lots of humor included. I did not try it for the longest time, been here since August I think and only logged on a few weeks ago. I'm a bit of a smart aleck, joke around a lot, always thought better to laugh then cry... was surprised how much I've enjoyed the chat room. I just posted on another message here that the chat room reminds me of having lunch with friends, sure you talk about what's going on, but there is always laughing.

Welcome and look around, hope you find someone or something that helps you feeling better about your situation!

Hugs,

jen

Comment

Working...
                X