RRMS Newly Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RRMS Newly Diagnosed

In August I woke up one morning feeling as if I had a stroke. My entire left side was weak, with my foot paralyzed. I entered the hospital for a week long stay of endless scans, MRI's, heart tests and a spinal tap. I was finally diagnosed in September with RRMS.

My symptoms got better and I now only have a slight weakness on that side and full use of my foot again. I was put on Copaxone and thankfully I have no real side effects. It feels lonely sometimes because I may not show outward symptoms, I am constantly dealing everyday with fatigue, slowed cognitive skills and dealing with high emotions.

I have a stressful 50 hour a week management job that I love and I fear that I will not be able to remain at the skill level required. I love this site and reading the thoughts of so many people that I can relate to. I definately feel less alone.

WELCOME STACIE!!!!!glad you found us! i hope you will be able to keep your job. i'm glad you feel at home here. good luck,
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome Stacie! You may find that the MS only minorly limits what you can do. May have to cut out the late nights out dancing though.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Working...
      X