Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi,
    My name is Annie and I am 45 years old. I was looked at by a few doctors 10 years ago when I had some numbness on the left side of my face. This all occured after having a spinal fusion. The systems went away after a good month and my MR was clean. I had constant migraines that were persistent after this and fatigue. The fatigue went away along with the numbness, they believed it was all from stress and not MS. But I had the systems they said.
    Now it is ten years later and showing more systems. I am having balance issues now. I have had three falls, one broken snack table a bit bruised, a twisted right ankle. Then this August I fell and broke my humerus.
    I been to a Neurologist, a Balance Clinic, an Audiologist, had an MRI. I have major fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, and memory loss now. Not including the numbness in my left foot.
    They do see that there is a balance issue but cannot find the cause. I have had physical therapy, personal training to build my core and I still fell and broke my upper arm. My ears are fine. Neurologist poo pooed me off to a migraine clinic when I am being treated already with injections every three months to treat them. My memory is not as good as it was, I am switching numbers around. Forgetting things. It's truly disturbing and scary.
    I am depressed, I really don't know what's wrong and I don't think the doctors do either.
    I could use some advice and few suggestions of any good doctor's in the Philadelphia area.
    Regard's
    Annie

WELCOME ANNIE!!!!!very nice to have you here. i hope the drs figure it out soon.
    have you looked at any colleges, most have thier own medical facilities. good luck. keep us posted.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Falls and Broken Bones

Hello Annie,

I am sorry to hear about your accidents.....fall are just terrible. I just had a fall down a set of concrete steps and have 3 broken ribs....so the doctor ordered a bone density test and my bones are very shallow...all the more reason to take lots of vitamin D3...up to 10,000 a day is all right, but at least 3000 a day is good for all ms patients...and it helps with depression as well..this is from the panel of doctors on conference call tonight.
      Hope it helps!

Comment

Working...
      X