newlywed to both RRMS and my husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newlywed to both RRMS and my husband

Hello all, I am new to the site and was given my new accessory to life on May 23, 2011. I started having tingly and numbness the last day of my honeymoon in March. I thought it was maybe just the sand, beaches or anything but MS.

While still trying to adjust to the changes and new symptons as they occur. I started Rebif on June 17, 2011, stopped on July 11 for personal reasons. I had a relaspse that caused my right foot to drag, my hands are always cold and numb in some spots. I could not feel sensations, my body burns when something cold, not hot touches my skin. I have to stand still when getting up from sitting otherwise my legs go out or get weak when walking. I keep the heater on, gloves close to bed.

I take Gabapentin for the pain. My neruo is tryin to get me on Rituxan to help with my MS and NMO. I am 30 years old and sometimes feel older when my brain says go and my body says message not received!

Hello ladybug and welcome to MSWorld.

I know things must be overwhelming for you, not the way you planned on starting your honeymoon or mariage.

My neruo is tryin to get me on Rituxan to help with my MS and NMO
    I am sure there is quite a bit of confusion for you at the moment. It is important to know and understand you cannot have both MS and NMO, its one or the other.

This URL provides information about NMO and the difference between MS and NMO:
    http://www.myelitis.org/nmo.htm

There are members who have NMO and could answer questions you may have, just start a thread in the General Q & A forum using NMO in the title.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

WELCOME!!!!!!! wow, new to ms and marriage (i`m not sure which is easier!!!! hahahaha). thru your lifetime with ms, you will make many changes, some easier than others. just remember, you always have a place to turn for support or awnsers here. congratulations on your marriage!!!!!

hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thank you. I guess my confusion comes from the first diagnosis of TM and a few days later my neuro ordered another mri, but this time of, my brain which revealed 7 lesions added to the 2 on my spine. I remember being in total shock and disbelief, but when he speaks upon the Rituxan, it is for NMO as labeled on the paperwork by the approving nurse for the medicine app. Now my medical leave paperwork and insurance info say MS. I read the article, I guess I got confused somewhere with all the terms, pokes and test. I am hoping the Rituxan helps with the numbness, stiffness and minimal sensation in my hands along with weakness in my legs and burning sensation to cold things.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug9979 View Post
          Thank you. I guess my confusion comes from the first diagnosis of TM and a few days later my neuro ordered another mri, but this time of, my brain which revealed 7 lesions added to the 2 on my spine. I remember being in total shock and disbelief, but when he speaks upon the Rituxan, it is for NMO as labeled on the paperwork by the approving nurse for the medicine app. Now my medical leave paperwork and insurance info say MS. I read the article, I guess I got confused somewhere with all the terms, pokes and test. I am hoping the Rituxan helps with the numbness, stiffness and minimal sensation in my hands along with weakness in my legs and burning sensation to cold things.

i don`t know much about either the TM OR NMO. all i can say is to ask your dr why (for all questions) and ask here in other forums (general questions). i can tell you that i take a couple of off label meds. it`s not that uncommon to be prescribed something that doesn`t seem to fit.
          the paperwork is a pain, but it all needs filled out. i wish i could be of some help with that but i wouldn`t want to give you incorrect advise. again, maybe other forums here would help in getting correct info.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X