Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS World Newbie (who talks too much!!)

Hi!
    My name is Danielle (obviously, duh) and I have been lurking for a while now. I see many new people have also admitted to lurking! It is scary to just show up alone on a message board like this! But you seem to be a friendly group, so I'm jumping in feet first!

I was 21 when I was diagnosed. That was 20 years ago. I had optic neuritis, one eye at a time. But for the next 10 years I just said to myself that they were wrong! I graduated college twice, got married, had 2 beautiful baby boys and the world was mine!!

Then, the MS told me "hello!! I'm still here!!". and my 10 year run of good health went down hill.

I was "permanently disabled" 6 years ago, when my right side stopped working. It came and went over the years, each time taking more than it gave. I am now not able to drive, and I can walk with a cane, but usually need my scooter. Needless to say, my world has been turned upside down.

BUT, I am trying to continue building my new life for myself and for my family. I still dream of dancing (if you can call it that) at my sons weddings. I have to stay strong to continue raising them. I have to be strong to not be negative about everything for my husband. No one wants to listen to complaining and crying everyday. But, I do fall back into my negative ways. I am obviously not perfect LOL!!!! I crack myself up!!

I fancy myself an artist now. I have been published and everything!! And I just started a MS blog, sharing art with multiple sclerosis, hoping to inspire others if i can.

I don't know where I would tell people where my blogs are. I don't want to put it here! I don't want to get kicked out when I just got here!! But, I saw that you have a place on this site for people to post their art and that is awesome! A lot of us need an outlet and art is a good one.

I have already gone on far too long already! You will think I talk to much before you even know me!! I am sorry!

I'd love to learn how some people have those fun signatures, and what is "PMP?" I might have the letters wrong, but i've seen it in signatures and stuff. I am interested in everything and anything i don't know about!!

I hope to get a lot of comments on this post, so I can meet and get to know some of you. Mine is a lonely world, and I am anxious to chat with people who really understand!!

You are all awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!
    xxDanielle

Hi Danielle! Would love to see some of your art, maybe if I could find out where it might get posted....sigh.....Sorry don't know what PMP is and I've been here a long time. Guess I didn't notice that abreviation. Anyways.......glad to meet you and looking forward to hearing more from you! Oh, my dd is a fine arts graduate....so your post caught my attention.

Comment

Hi and welcome!

I found the abbreviations in the 'archives' (darn PMP isn't there) In the past I referred to it all the time and think it is very helpful..sorry you have to be here but Welcome to MSWorld

I'm looking forward to seeing your art work and reading your blog..you can post art work here and an address to your blog on your info page

From Sparky ----
      Abbreviations & acronyms
      Family and friends
      bil = brother in law
      bf = boyfriend or best friend
      dd = dear daughter
      dh = dear husband
      ds = dear son
      dw = dear wife
      fil = father in law
      gf = girlfriend
      mil = mother in law
      sil = sister in law
      so = significant other

Emotions and word abbreviations
      BTW = by the way
      IMO = in my opinion
      IMHO = In my humble opinion
      lol = laughing out loud
      rofl = rolling on the floor laughing
      roflmao = rolling on the floor laughing my *** off
      tia = thanks in advance
      fwiw = for what its worth

Medical
      AFO = Ankle/Foot Orthotic
      CRABs = Copaxone, Rebif, Avonex, Betaseron
      DMD = Disease Modifying Drug
      DO = Doctor of Osteopathic medicine
      dx = diagnosis or diagnosed
      EEG = Electroencephalography (brain)
      EKG = Electrocardiogram (heart)
      EMG = Electromyography (muscles)
      IPIR = immediate post-injection reaction (refers to the possible reaction that some get from a Copaxone injection)
      IVIG = intravenous immunoglobulin (blood product administered intravenously)
      ldn = low dose naltrexone
      LP = Lumbar Puncture
      MRI = Magnetic resonance imaging
      MSAA = Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
      MSW = MS World
      NCV = Nerve Conduction Velocity
      NMO - Neuromyelitis optica
      NMSS = National Multiple Sclerosis Society www.nmss.org
      ON = Optic Neuritis
      OT = occupational therapy
      PCP= Personal Care Physician
      PPMS = primary progressive multiple sclerosis
      PRMS = Progressive - relapsing MS
      PT = physical therapy
      PWC = power wheelchair
      RRMS = relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis
      rx = prescription/medication
      SPMS = secondary progressive multiple sclerosis
      sx = symptom/s
      TM = Transverse Myelitis
      TN = Trigeminal Neuralgia
      tx = treatment/s
      UA = urine analysis
      UTI = Urinary Tract Infection
      VEP= Visual Evoked Potential
      WC = wheelchair

Miscellaneous
      PM = private message
      SHG = Self-help group

Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by Justsayyes View Post
        Hi Danielle! Would love to see some of your art, maybe if I could find out where it might get posted....sigh.....Sorry don't know what PMP is and I've been here a long time. Guess I didn't notice that abreviation. Anyways.......glad to meet you and looking forward to hearing more from you! Oh, my dd is a fine arts graduate....so your post caught my attention.
        Thank you so much for visiting my post!!
        Obviously, I set up my profile or something weird, because I didn't get an email saying I had a response!!
        I have to figure out what I'm doing here!!
        I've never done this message board thing!! I'm sure it will get easier in time!!
        How fabulous!! Your daughter must be very talented!!!
        I have 2 blogs. One is my (undercover blog)and I don't bring up my MS.
        The other is all about MS and a project I am doing, art journaling with MS, and trying to get others to join me too.

I could try to send you a message with the blog addresses, if you want.

Thank you for visiting with me!! I'm looking forward to being here, and chatting with you too!!!
        xxDanielle

Comment

Welcome

Hi Danielle...Welcome to MS World. I haven't been here in a while but it's a great place.

Sounds like you have a great attitude, that helps a lot I think. I wonder if you could put your blog address in your profile. I think that's where people put their contact info.

Like to see your art. Look forword to your posts.

David

Comment

Wow Danielle! I'm right there with you!

[QUOTE=Danielle7;1324270]Hi!
            Ok, where do i start? I found out a year ago after 2 MRI's, cat scan and spinal tap! That pretty much put me in another place! I know how you feel! I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone! It takes a learning curve when symptoms come at you throughout your days/weeks and months! The worst for me is trying to inform my kids I'm not as outgoing as I used to be! That's the hardest part of this disease! I know all of us have different ways of working with all of this! Just found out I have another ailmant to worry about! Severe esphogus burn! Didn't I had it but ER was the only place to go! Dad helped me with that one, then ended up in the hospital for 3 days! My husband brought our kids to see me, scared them a little! I said I'd be fine but my 8 yr. old wasn't sure why I had all the IV's in my arm! That's a lesson in itself!
            Many blessings to all!
            Chrissylou

Comment

Working...
            X