Hello from Norman OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Norman OK

Hi, I'm Hillary from Norman OK. I was dx'd in 1996 after right-side paralysis of my arm and leg. Since then I've had many symptoms from double-vision to no vision to weakness to fatigue to numbness, etc. etc. etc.. Right now I have been battling MS hug for almost 2 years and it's winning. It is by far the most intensely painful symptom I've had. I've been on Betaseron off and on for over 10 years. I have three kids. When I was dx'd, I was dating a man and we got married. Neither of us really knew what MS was, and sometimes I feel guilty because I don't think he knew what he was signing on for. But he is really supportive and loving and tries to help all he can. My family (not DH) advised me not to have children, but I did not want to feel like MS stole my life from me, so I did have kids, and I'm so glad I did. They mean everything to me. They literally keep me alive because I know I can't do anything drastic when I'm in horrific pain, because my kids need me: Scott is 9, Allison is 5, and Susan is almost 1.

Anyway, I go off all my meds while I'm pregnant, so now I'm finally back on an antidepressant and have started interacting with the world a little again. So since I've been posting a little here, I thought I would introduce myself.
    Proud Mom of three kids!
    dx'd 1996

Hello Hawkgirl!

Wanted to welcome you....and welcome back to interacting with the world too! Sounds like you have a lovely family

Comment

Hawkgirl,

I had the same first symptoms as you...I haven't seen that a lot. Technically, started with a numb face that turned into right-side paralysis in June...either way that was scary but I am glad it is better now (I underated my right hand and leg until that happened never will I again).

Welcome and hope to see you around the board!
      dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Keepin_on, in hindsight I'd been having symptoms for a couple of years before the paralysis, like numb streaks or weird vision things. But nothing serious enough to get me to a doctor. But when your entire right side goes paralyzed, you finally get scared enough to drag yourself to the dr!

Thank you guys for the welcome!
        Proud Mom of three kids!
        dx'd 1996

Comment

Working...
        X