New dx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New dx

Hi my name is Kayleigh and im 22 after having lots of tests including 2 MRI's (soon to have a 3rd) a LP and an EEG i have recently been diagnosed with MS and am due to be starting avonex in the next few weeks. This has been a scary time although it hasnt helped that my boyfriend is half way accross the world at the moment watching the rugby world cup. I joined this sight through facebook as hoping to find other people who are in the same situation as me.

Hi Kayleigh,

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you have found a great place to talk to other people going through the same thing. Being recently diagnosed myself, I can say you go through up's and down's emotionally trying to soak it all up.

People here will always try to cheer you up, which is awesome. Also, people here know how you "feel" (physically & emotionally)...which is very, very, very helpful. The people that care about us are amazing, but sometimes just talking to other people who really understand what you are going through, makes a world of difference.

It is also great to hear that you are starting Avonex!
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Welcome!

I know you'll find some great support here. I've been on Avonex 8 years and have done well with it. Feel free to ask alot of questions when it comes time for you to start.

Comment

Thanks, i have so much going on in my head right now its difficult to know what questions to aske etc especially as i started having another relapse yesterday started with my feet going numb and has now spread up my legs to just below my knees. Im seeing the ms nurse on friday so will talk to her about it then as the last time this happened it got progressively worse and the only thing that worked was the iv steroids i was put on. Also went back to my dance class today for the first time in 4 months and couldnt do half of what i did before and really struggled which is really frustraiting. just knowing i can come on here and there are other people who know what im feeling and going through helps

Comment

My first year was my worst. My first flare was significant numbness in my right leg, up into my private area, and that was scary. After I received steroids and then started Avonex, things did start to improve.

I thought I wouldn't be able to continue my sports, but here I am 8 years later still doing what I love (I know I'm lucky). Don't be discouraged because your dance class wasn't what you could do before. That can change.

Let us know how your appointment goes Friday!

Comment

I had steroids for my first flare up and they worked really well and with working with the physio got back to how i was before. Although the numbness in both legs started sunday there now isnt a part of my legs that arent numb and although im sorta still walking normal im still afraid im going to end up on crutches like i did last time. Got another mri on sat which will be my 3rd in 4 months but at least its less than 24 hours untill i see the ms nurse. will let you know how apointment goes. Just feel like no one i know understands what im going through and have no one at home to talk to with my boyfriend being away

Comment

Well i was finally able to get online after the last few weeks. I saw my ms nurse 2 weeks ago and she was really helpful and gave me loads of information. I started on avonex yesterday and not long after the injection i started feeling rubbish my head was pounding i was aching all over and was goin hot and gold like i dont know what. When i woke up this morning aswell i felt like id been hit by a bus i felt that bad. Starting to feel slightly better now just not looking forward to these side affects every week

Comment

Working...
              X