After 10 yrs the story changes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 10 yrs the story changes.

I have had MS for 10 years. It started with optoc neuritis and a numb spot on my foot. It happpened a year after moving to Ireland from Aus (morale of the story - don't move to Ireland)
    Anyway I could cope as the stages of ms i was going through were only small and my brain could handle the transition. I was never really aware of any relapses apart from one where I got unbelievably painfull electric shocks in my head about ever 30 seaconds
    Then my world fell apart. I had a 6 month stressful situation at work where a ver unhappy girl put in a complaint against me. When it was over and I was so relieved to loose a job I have been in for 12 years and love.
    2 days later we went to Spain for a holiday and I said to myself you can relax now that all that stuff is over. BAM!! sERIOUS RELAPSE. Could not stand, walk, had real bad fatigue, had no balance etc etc. We came back and they put me on steroids for 3 days. No change. 4 months later I am no better. Going on Ty this week. Let's hope miracles happen.
    Diagnosed 10 years.
    Started Ty in Sept 2011

Hi NickyOz

Ah....now I understand your user name. You're an Ozzie who now lives in Ireland.

Sorry to learn that you have recently had a really bad relapse. That must be extremely difficult, especially the way it showed up it while you were on a vacation, trying to relax. That really stinks!

Then my world fell apart. I had a 6 month stressful situation at work where a ver unhappy girl put in a complaint against me. When it was over and I was so relieved to loose a job I have been in for 12 years and love.
    2 days later we went to Spain for a holiday and I said to myself you can relax now that all that stuff is over. BAM!! sERIOUS RELAPSE. Could not stand, walk, had real bad fatigue, had no balance etc etc. We came back and they put me on steroids for 3 days. No change. 4 months later I am no better. Going on Ty this week. Let's hope miracles happen.
    I know that it has been 4 months with no improvement, but recovery can sometimes take several months. Maybe some rehab (PT) might help with recovering some functions?

Let's hope Ty works well for you. You never know when a miracle could show up.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks so much for your thread
      Diagnosed 10 years.
      Started Ty in Sept 2011

Comment

So sorry to hear about your relapse!! I do hope it gets better. Last year I had one last 6 months, I felt horrible and thought it would never end!!! Hope you start to feel better!

Comment

I hope the new meds work for you and you get some relief. Hang in there !
          Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

Working...
          X