Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding me....

Hello
    I was diagnosed with MS June 4 2009, at the age of 40. now in this short time I have secondary progressive and A wheel-chair may soon be in the near future for me due to the MS being in my spine.

I thought I was learning to live with this,kept a journal for the first year but in the end I'm not sure I will ever be ok with my debilitating disease.....

I have 5 children, I was a Mom-career woman i have a wonderful Husband I had it all, now I have been deemed by several Doctors that I am permanently disabled....so I sit and stare at my new life wondering how it found me,where do we go from here? I just wanted to vent .......

Hello aboutintime

Welcome!

You can vent here at MS World anytime you want to.

MS changes our lives in so many ways, and all these changes bring up a mess of emotions and feelings.

Most of us can relate to what you're going through, so you won't ever have to feel alone with this stuff.

If you don't mind my asking, did your neuro tell you what course (type) of MS you have?

I have spinal lesions also, and my mobility is impaired too. It's very hard to accept all of this, when we used to be so active.

I try to take each day as it comes, and not dwell for too long on the unknown future. I do think about various adaptations I might need to make, but I try not to live in that future now. We can only do the best we can, for today.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can. Feel free to share your experiences in the various forums. It might help you, as well as others who are going through similar issues.

Hope to see you around here.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

You must be feeling very overwhelmed right now !!

I am very new to this site also ( it is my Bf that has been rx'd)...

I am glad you found this site to get some good information and I am glad you have a good family around to help you deal with your diagnosis....

Peace and good thoughts to you
      Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

Working...
      X