Hello everyone -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone -

I was dx with MS back in March 2003. I was stable for about 6 years with the use of Avonex, Rebif, Tysabri, and LDN. But, about a year and a half ago, I started regressing due to stress factors. Now, I am having much difficulty with mobility. I was forced to take disablilty retirement from work as a result. I am beginning to experience depression and anxiety. I am married with 3 kids, a 12 year old daughter and twin boys who are 10 years old. No longer driving and looking into applying for access transportation services here in the MD area. Just looking to find other people who are suffering with this illness and having similar symptoms: stiff legs, pain and tightness around waist and chest, fatigue, heat intolerance, and of course the depression and worry about the future. Thanks.

DeeDee,

"stiff legs, pain and tightness around waist and chest, fatigue, heat intolerance, and of course the depression and worry about the future. Thanks. "

dee dee, welcome!!!!! it`s great to have you here. i also suffer from all above except the heat intolerance and tightness (ms hug if i`m not mistaken). take it from a "worrywort", it won`t change anything (the worrying). the spasticity and depression are treatable. good luck.

dave

hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hello DeeDee

Now, I am having much difficulty with mobility. I was forced to take disablilty retirement from work as a result. I am beginning to experience depression and anxiety. I am married with 3 kids, a 12 year old daughter and twin boys who are 10 years old. No longer driving and looking into applying for access transportation services here in the MD area. Just looking to find other people who are suffering with this illness and having similar symptoms: stiff legs, pain and tightness around waist and chest, fatigue, heat intolerance, and of course the depression and worry about the future. Thanks.
      Sorry to learn about your mobility issues, and also about your early retirement from work. I can relate with you on both. I currently use a roller walker, which helps me alot to keep walking for now. I retired on disability in 2004.

Are you being treated for the anxiety and depression? There are some medications that can help. Let your Doc know about that (if you haven't already).

It must be very difficult not being able to drive anymore, especially with 3 kids. So far I am still able to drive but not sure for how long. Good luck with finding the transportation services in your area - hope you can get the assistance that you need.

You'll see that many of our members deal with alot of the symptoms that you have, and can really understand what you're going through.

This site is helpful for information, interesting topics, support, and for the knowing that you are not alone with this MS stuff.

Looking forward to seeing you around here.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for Listening

Just wanted to say I am glad I found this site to communicate and learn of new MS information.

Comment

I have some of the same probs. But i think our children were about the same age when we were diagnosed I had a 5 year year old about to start school and 2 year old twins and mine are all boys. But I know how hard it is right now they are taking my license and I feel like they took my freedom. And I dont want to ask for help but I guess I will have to. Be strong your not alone.

Comment

Working...
          X