All because of a tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All because of a tree

Hello. My name is Annie. I'm a 29 year old wife and mother of two little boys, 3 and 8 months. I don't have MS yet.

I didn't have anything going on until the beginning of July of this year. We were up at a family cabin when a freak storm came through. We were running for safety when a tree hit me. I was knocked to the ground and pulled inside. They weren't sure if I had broken anything and I had no memory of what was going on. I kept asking what happened and why I hurt. I had to be transported by boat to get to an ambulance. They brought me to the local hospital and then transferred me to a bigger one.

Out of all of that, I don't remember any of it and only ended up with some pretty bruising and numb spots on my back. Because I couldn't remember what was going on, they checked out my brain. The MRI showed a lesion and a bunch of little tiny spots. I was sent to a neuro who did a whole bunch of blood work. After ruling out a lot of options, I had a spinal tap done.

The result was that I have a demyelinating disease. From what I can tell, I just went backwards and found the lesion before the issues started. Now I just wait for something to go wrong. I had another MRI yesterday but haven't heard the results yet. I see the neuro next week and will start meds, not sure what yet.

It's all a lot to take in and very scary to think about. The unknown is a hard place to be.

Hi Annie

I didn't have anything going on until the beginning of July of this year. We were up at a family cabin when a freak storm came through. We were running for safety when a tree hit me. I was knocked to the ground and pulled inside. They weren't sure if I had broken anything and I had no memory of what was going on. I kept asking what happened and why I hurt. I had to be transported by boat to get to an ambulance. They brought me to the local hospital and then transferred me to a bigger one.

Out of all of that, I don't remember any of it and only ended up with some pretty bruising and numb spots on my back. Because I couldn't remember what was going on, they checked out my brain. The MRI showed a lesion and a bunch of little tiny spots. I was sent to a neuro who did a whole bunch of blood work. After ruling out a lot of options, I had a spinal tap done.
    The result was that I have a demyelinating disease. From what I can tell, I just went backwards and found the lesion before the issues started. Now I just wait for something to go wrong. I had another MRI yesterday but haven't heard the results yet. I see the neuro next week and will start meds, not sure what yet.
    Sorry to learn that you might have MS. But if you do, these forums will be very useful for you.

I have read here of some members whose MS was discovered after they had a car accident. Just coincidence, I guess, but strange nontheless.

Yes, it is alot to take in, and it's understandable that you have some fear. Hopefully you will get some answers next week. Then you will know what you're dealing with and can move forward.

Let us know what you find out from your neuro appointment.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I am still new to all of this, and still wacked out, scared, and all that goes along with it. But, if it helps at all...my thoughts on your situation go kinda like this:

You say that you are having no symptoms as of yet. So it seems you may have found out that you have MS in kind of a backwards way. Think about it like this. You can start treatment before so much damage is done that it is effecting you physically, emotionally or whatever... How cool is that? I mean...if you have to deal with MS, wouldn't you rather sneak up on it, rather than it sneak up on you? I know none of us can consider ourselves lucky relating to MS...but...you may be one of the few who catch it this early. I say...GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Comment

hi annie and welcome!!!! the dark is never a fun place to be, especially when you want an awnser. i hope it`s not ms, but if it is, it could be much worse. we welcome you here and hope you`ll get some usefull info. good luck.

dave
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Annie - that sounds really scary to have this hanging around over your head, although I guess the sooner MS is (possibly!) diagnosed, the quicker you can do something about it...

Docs need to rule out everything else before making such a big diagnosis - I hope it won't be the case for you!

All the best

Comment

Working...
          X