Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

My name is Jamie and I am new to this site. I was diagnosed with MS a little over 3 years ago.

Optic Neuritis is what led me to the diagnosis (went completely blind in my right eye). Luckiy it came back. I actually had 4 relapses within a 6 month time period when I was going through testing.

Just like a lot of others who are diagnosed, my Neuro told me that I had probably had MS for a while b/c my lesions looked old. That made sense to me b/c I started having symptoms at the age of 14 (in which I was told that I was depressed or faking it b/c I didn't want to go to school).

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope to meet and become friends with a lot of people here.

Hello Jamie

Welcome to the site!

Sounds like you've had MS since you were very young. How are you doing now? Hopefully you are doing OK, all things considered.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Looking forward to seeing you around here!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hello Jamie

Welcome to the site!

Sounds like you've had MS since you were very young. How are you doing now? Hopefully you are doing OK, all things considered.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Looking forward to seeing you around here!

Take care,
      KoKo
      Sorry it took me so long to reply (I thought I had it set up to get emails when ppl replied but I guess not )

My MS seems to be getting worse. I had a major relapse in March b/c I fell twice. I could barely walk at all, and could barely use my hands.

I was on Acthar and it helped to the point that I could walk again. Unfortunately, it didn't help for very long. I keep going on Steroids but they do not help for long (maybe only a couple of weeks or so) My body keeps wanting to go into relapses. They want to put me on Tysabri, but I tested positive for that virus (is it the JVC? I always say it wrong).

Oh well, I'll just take it one day at a time. I'm just so scared about Tysabri.

Comment

Hi Jamie,

Sorry to hear of your struggles, glad you're here though. Eveyone here is wonderful and you can always find great information. Hope today finds you doing better than yesturday. Take Care...
        1st neurological event 5/29/10. Dx 4/29/11. Avonex since 8/20/10. Age 41 & still smiling.
        Because we have hard times, we really know how to appreciate the good times

Comment

Working...
        X