Not A Runaway Train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not A Runaway Train

Hello, I am Moppy in Florida. I am a surface mine safety consultant in the sunset of my life which will serve our family well in meeting yet another painful chapter in our lives.

I have just learned this week for certain our dear son-in-law has been in an MS treatment plan for several years. My daughter and he kept their secret out of concern for my 80 year-old husband's failing health and my own health challenges.

Even though they do not live near us I will travel their journey with them by researching the disease, identifying services available to them in the state of Georgia, coordinating options and reading patients' posts. Armed with that knowledge I can hopefully be the wind beneath their wings....sometime anyway.

I am so grateful to have found this site and look forward to understanding MS.

Welcome to MSWorld, moppy!

You might want to also post on our "Relationships & Carepartnering" forum, where you can get additional support and information from other people whose family members have MS.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you, Sequoia for the suggestion and link. I am on my way.

Comment

Hello moppy

Welcome!

I have just learned this week for certain our dear son-in-law has been in an MS treatment plan for several years. My daughter and he kept their secret out of concern for my 80 year-old husband's failing health and my own health challenges.

Even though they do not live near us I will travel their journey with them by researching the disease, identifying services available to them in the state of Georgia, coordinating options and reading patients' posts. Armed with that knowledge I can hopefully be the wind beneath their wings....sometime anyway.
        I admire your concern and thoughtfulness for your daughter and son-in-law, who has MS. Your willingness to help, even at a distance, is something special.

Hopefully this site will be beneficial to you and your family.

Also, have you checked out the National MS Society website? It has a wealth of information about MS:
        http://www.nationalmssociety.org/index.aspx

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X