Newbie with too many questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starry1 View Post
    I found the link to the story when searching for ms info. My doctor, who I won't name, but can be found easily because his name was specifically referenced in the article and he was a witness, so a portion of his transcript was in the article. I believe the case name was Anthony v. Serono or similar. A Google search for Serono case should bring it up.
    Thanks Starry1, I did a bunch of googling last night and found your doctor in the process, among other things. Turns out one of our neuros has been in the pocket of big pharm for years, thanks for your response.
    I have put coffee in my cereal and have dropped my glass cup a few times.

Comment

With MS In Colorado Too

Hi Starry!

Welcome to MS World and it is great that you are sharing and learning as much as possible. When I was dxd two years ago, I went right on Copaxone, about three weeks after the dx. I think it has been a good drug for me and may be better than the interferons because of my history of depression. I have two young daughters and I felt I need to do whatever I could to care for them...thus, my decision to take a DMD.

I too have been to the doctor you mentioned and recently saw that article as well. However, I don't put too much weight on it...I have heard that he speaks regularly about most of the DMDs.

However, recently I went to see Dr. William Shaffer in Greeley, which takes me a little over an hour to get up there from Denver. Of the neuros I have met with over the past couple of years, I think I connected best to him. My husband most certainly did. The cool thing about Dr. Shaffer, (not for him, but for his patients) is that he has MS too! So, he gets it! He was pretty straight forward and told me he is a Rebif guy; however, there was no pressure to move from C to R. His staff was really nice too!

Just remember, you can always change drugs...and there really is no right or wrong decision. Best wishes on your decision! Please keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
      X