hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone

hello, I was diagnosed almost 6 years this coming october i beleive. I was taking rebif until beginning of the year, until doctor told me my liver was going bad. i had to stop and rebuild my liver back and just was a re check visit today. Since i have stop therapy. i have had alot of attacks from tingles to twitches all. It made me not wanting to be off it. but the doctor is putting me on avonex now.

I was married and now divorced. i just turned 29 in april. that jsut made me realize that i been diag. since i was 23-4. But just wanted to say hey. and just ran across this website little bit ago.
    Billy
    Dx: 09/2004
    09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Hello wriser

Welcome to the MS World Forums!

Sounds as if Rebif was doing a good job until the liver problems. Maybe the Avonex will be helpful in keeping the relapses at bay.

Sorry to learn of your marriage break up. You don't have to feel alone with your MS here. There are a bunch of good people who are living with the challenges of MS too and understand.

There is alot of helpful info and support here at MS World.
    There is a forum for young adults here too, that you may want to check out.

Wishing you the best. Hope to see more of your posts.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

hey

hi. I am 29 too. I was diagnosed last week and I am taking it pretty hard since my step mother has had it all my life. She can't walk and has a breathing tube now. So this really sucks! I live in brooklyn. I am really just looking to talk to someone who understands what I am feeling, and maybe can help me get out of this funk. I am normally a pretty up beat, make the best of any situation, positive person...but now I just want to sit in a corner and cry. I know the extent of the damage this disease can cause not only to myself but to every relationship in my life and I am scared. Sorry for complaining, just can't seem to wrap my head around this....any advice?

Comment

wriser, welcome to the site but sorry for the reason. I am sorry that you had a marriage break up too. With that kind of stress alone your MS can be very mean to you.

I took Avonex for 2 years but it made my liver go wacky. I was off all meds for 5 years then tried Beta = allergic and Copaxone = allergic. I am now on Ty for 2 years and liver is happy and I am doing well. I hope that Avonex can work for you.
        "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Jenniferautumn, please start a thread and tell us about yourself. We are here for you too!
          "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

I would

and maybe it's brain fog...but I don't know how to start a thread

Comment

Working...
            X