New to this site, and sort of MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this site, and sort of MS

My symptoms first started in early April 2010, my entire right side went numb and I could barely walk without holding onto someone or something. That is when I ended up in the ER, so I could determine whether or not I had a pinched nerve or a stroke or whatever it was. Well, I was in the St. Lukes ER for 7 hours, and the ER doctor finally came into my room with my boyfriend (now husband) and my mother sitting in the room next to me in the hospital bed when they told me that they think I have a brain tumor. After that I was transported to the other St. Lukes which is downtown in my town where I had stayed for 3 days then I got to go home for two days then I had to go back for a biopsy.

Hello JohnsonC

Welcome!

My symptoms first started in early April 2010, my entire right side went numb and I could barely walk without holding onto someone or something. That is when I ended up in the ER, so I could determine whether or not I had a pinched nerve or a stroke or whatever it was. Well, I was in the St. Lukes ER for 7 hours, and the ER doctor finally came into my room with my boyfriend (now husband) and my mother sitting in the room next to me in the hospital bed when they told me that they think I have a brain tumor. After that I was transported to the other St. Lukes which is downtown in my town where I had stayed for 3 days then I got to go home for two days then I had to go back for a biopsy.
    Sorry to learn that you were diagnosed with a brain tumor. Did you have surgery?

Also wondering, does the doctor think that you might also have MS?

In any case, this is a great site for learning about MS, and sharing your experiences.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

welcomw!!!!!!!! great to have you! i think (my opinion) that ms is better than a brain tumor! so happy you found this site, many awesome people here with good advice. good lluck.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Wecome to MS World, you have come to the right place to find friend and support. I hated to have what it takes to become a member, why could'nt it be the lotto winners club.

I see you said that they were going to do a biopsy, let us know what they find good or bad we will be here for you I hope the best for you.

Comment

Hi JohnsonC,

I hope you are doing better now! Please keep us posted!

Erika

Comment

HOW IT IS GOING SO FAR...

WELL, I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED FOR ABOUT 14 MONTHS NOW. I AM STRONGER NOW, NOT BACK TO MY FULL SELF.. AM JOB HUNTING.. WHICH IS NOT GOING VERY WELL. I KEEP APPLYING FOR DISABILITY.. BEEN DENIED 4 TIMES. I AM ON BETASERON, WHICH I AM SICK OF TAKING. MY DOC WANTS TO PUT ME ON A BETTER PAINKILLER/ANTI-DEPRESSANT. THE ONE I WAS ON WAS WORKING AGAINST ME.

Comment

Working...
            X