Hello. Glad I found you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. Glad I found you.

I'm Tracy. I'm 38 and live in Florida with my husband, who was just diagnosed with MS, and our two boys, who are 8 and 3 and a half.

I work FT as a Program Manager for a college, which means I enroll students - Nursing students, 40 hours a week. My job is very demanding, but at least the hours are regular.

My elder son is my husband's stepson. My son's dad knows about the diagnosis and seems supportive so far, but at base, he's a jerk, so that can change at any time.

My mom knows too, and she is an exacerbation all unto herself - a catastrophizer, really, who fuels the fire of any tragedy with her drama. Either that, or she overadvises with no foundation in any kind of education on a subject. She has good intentions, but her delivery leaves much to be desired. lol

I wanted to do a few things before I die. I wanted to go to Europe for the first time, which we kept putting off because of work and finances and no one to watch the kids. I wanted to work in a job I truly love instead of one I tolerate for a paycheck, which is what I do now. I wanted to get out of our house and move. I wanted to go back to school and get my Master's degree. I had dreams, but no plans yet to realize them because I thought I had time and the opportunity would come. Perhaps...we'll see.

I drive a black, 2010 four door Jeep Wrangler Sport. We have a dog - she's a collie/lab mix. We got her a month ago, and I'm kind of regretting it now, but the kids are attached, so I don't have the heart to change that.

I have a Bachelors Degree in Political Science. I loved being in school. Next to my kids, I think I was happiest in college. I love learning. It's never enough.

That's pretty much who I am, today, I guess.

I'm sarcastic, and unfortunately, a worse-case scenarian. I probably should have gone into risk management, because I anticipate everything and then make contingency plans for it all, just in case. When things are puppy dogs and ice cream, people tell me I'm negative. When things are tough, people come running to me for solutions. It cuts both ways. It already is with this diagnosis. Trying to use my powers for good, though! lol

Hi Tracy

Welcome - nice to meet you!

Sorry to learn about your husband's diagnosis. Just keep in mind that the course which MS takes is different for each person.

I'm Tracy. I'm 38 and live in Florida with my husband, who was just diagnosed with MS, and our two boys, who are 8 and 3 and a half.

I work FT as a Program Manager for a college, which means I enroll students - Nursing students, 40 hours a week. My job is very demanding, but at least the hours are regular.
    Sounds like you have a busy life!

I wanted to do a few things before I die. I wanted to go to Europe for the first time, which we kept putting off because of work and finances and no one to watch the kids. I wanted to work in a job I truly love instead of one I tolerate for a paycheck, which is what I do now. I wanted to get out of our house and move. I wanted to go back to school and get my Master's degree. I had dreams, but no plans yet to realize them because I thought I had time and the opportunity would come. Perhaps...we'll see.
    Hopefully your dreams will happen!

In any case, MS or not, life holds no guarantees for anyone. And with MS, there is time, which isn't always the case with other diseases. Things do change, no doubt. But learning to adapt is the key to living life the best we can.

Wishing you and your husband all the best.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X