ParaChat-Safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ParaChat-Safe?

Good morning, I was logging in to the chat room and was prompted to agree to use Para Chat. The site listed that they can use your personal information. I am leery of any site that intends to use my personal information. Can you tell me anything about this site? I assume everyone going to the chat room has agreed it's use.

Merry Christmas,
    PattiK

I hope you won't get to this message right away...We need to enjoy the Holiday!
    PattiK

I don't know exactly, but there are some security issues...

Comment

ParaChat

Hello everyone!

When I logged on today for Chat, I am being asked again to accept Parachat before I can get into the Chat Room.

Has anyone else experience this?

I was already accepted, why do we need to do this again?
      STR

Comment

I put the word out that you have questions and hopefully someone will respond shortly. I don't do chat so I can't help.

Hang in there
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

CHAT PROB

WHEN I TRY TO GET INTO CHAT ROOM ON MY MACBOOK THE PARACHAT SCREEN ASKES ME TO ACCEPT WHICH I HAVE THEN IT MAKES MY COMPUTER FREEZE. I HAVE TO FORCE CRASH IN ORDER TO USE MY COMPUTER AGAIN. THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR A FEW DAYS. CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME PLEASE? I CAN GET INTO CHAT ONL ON MY IPAD TY

Comment

Hi everyone, I posed this question to our Webmaster over the weekend. This was his reply: It's the latest Java security precaution. Clicking run is okay.

Parachat is the name of the software that we use for our chat program. It is secure and perfectly ok to agree to that box.

Hope this answers your questions.

Comment

Does not work

I click accept on the parachat and it crashes my computer. What else should I do? I have a macbook and wonder if it is only happening to me. ty

Comment

I have sent our webmaster your question. I will relay an answer when I get it.
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer
                MS World
                hunterd@msworld.org
                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Parachat

Lilly55,

I have a PC and even though I have to repeat the run button everytime I want to go into chat, I found that it has not crashed my computer.

Hope you are able to find a solution for your Mac.

You have knowledgable people here to help you like ToniOP and Hunterd. They know their stuff and/or people who do.

Good Luck!
                  STR

Comment

Working...
                  X