keep losing posts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep losing posts!

ok, the first couple of times i was not sure if i had made an error and didn't notice that i wasn't signed in (ms brain!). but i JUST signed in, wrote 2 posts and then lost my third because my "session had expired." i made sure to click the keep me signed in button when i signed in, my computer didn't go to sleep and i did not navigate away from the message board. i was spontaneously signed out.

this is the second time it has happened in the last 24 hours and as a result i have lost posts. not sure why this keeps happening.

as a side note, is there a reason why i am able to click the post new thread button and write up an entire post if i am not signed in? seems like i should have been redirected to sign in upon clicking that button instead of redirected when trying to submit the post (and it sure would have saved me a lot of time and forehead slaps if things were set up that way!).

i just signed back in but did not click the keep me signed in button. maybe its an ironic system?
    dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Hmm. I have difficulties with it as well. My advice:

1) When you log in, login, logout and log in again
    2) Before you post, click in the text area (or just stop typing), do a ctrl+a then ctrl+c - that will copy everything incase you need to pasted it again.

Comment

Originally posted by meeegun View Post
      maybe its an ironic system?
      I don't know what an ironic system is, but the message board software is definitely quirky.

Also, bear in mind that the boards are run by volunteers, and there aren't enough trained, skilled volunteers available to administer and monitor the boards to the level that would be required if the boards were a paid product. As an example of understaffing, the scope of improvements that was promised still hasn't appeared.

BigA's suggestions of double log-in and making a safety copy are good. When I have something lengthy to post into a message box on any site, I compose it in Word so I can retrieve it, check the log-in and paste the text into the box.

When I started having log-in problems (this year? last year?), the only way I remedied them was to manually block the MSWorld cookie from my browser and set up my browser -- not MSWorld's feature -- to remember my log-in information separately. And I always manually log out at the end of a session so that the next log-in will be fresh. That might be worth trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwings View Post
        I don't know what an ironic system is, but the message board software is definitely quirky.

Also, bear in mind that the boards are run by volunteers, and there aren't enough trained, skilled volunteers available to administer and monitor the boards to the level that would be required if the boards were a paid product. As an example of understaffing, the scope of improvements that was promised still hasn't appeared.
        In regards to your comment concerning the improvements that was promised... this has been getting worked on, but with any kind of internet function, some tech issues have delayed this process.

Also, as for being Volunteers running the website, and all living with MS, I think we do an amazing job! We are a very skilled and understanding group of Volunteers, who are more like a family. It's good to know that our members can relate to the volunteers, in know that we have our MS bad days as well. However, when it does come to the upgrades you are speaking of, this is being done by an outside source not the Volunteers.

I can understand how members contemplate on how the website is run, but there is a lot more that goes into the process than meets the eye.

It's a wonderful thing to see MSWorld grow, it started as 6 people in a chat room over 16 years ago... and now we have over 75,000 members! We are a wonderful family... all of us living with MS that are apart of MSWorld!

Thank you for your continued support in our mission of "Patients Helping Patients"

If you do run into problems with the website, please rest assured that I am notified of these messages and I am working on them.

Thank you all for your dedication and empowerment in supporting one another in this journey!

If at anytime you need immediate assistance, please e-mail: technicalsupport@msworld.org

xoxo

"We're doin' alright.... for the shape we're in...."
        Ashley Ringstaff
        Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Well said...Ringer..

well said indeed !

Comment

I second what Maxx said!
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World