Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LENOVO laptop says cable "plugged in, not charging" battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been having quite a bit of problems with my laptop battery lately. For some reason when it's not plugged in, my computer will automatically shut off without warning with around 50 - 60% charge still left, according to Windows. Now I noticed that when I plug in my laptop, for a few brief seconds the battery display will say "plugged in, charging" and then it will switch to "plugged in, not charging". I saw some other solutions like uninstalling from the device manager -- that didn't work. I then tried to remove the battery and plug in the adapter. My laptop turns on, which apparently means that the LENOVO G570AH Battery is defective.
    deal-battery.com/lenovo-g570ah.html

I've had my laptop for a little over two years now, so is it looking like I'm in need of a new battery?

When it says not charging, what is the battery level?
    When your computer shuts down does it do an update?

It could be the battery, but usually when the battery goes bad there will be a little x over the icon saying that it is bad. If it is I recommend buying one off amazon. Both me and my husband bought batteries off there when our laptops needed new ones. They worked great and it'll save you $60 over buying one from microcenter.

Comment

I agree with what als said, however, if your computer is under some sort of warranty, I would contact the manufacturer for a replacement.
      Ashley Ringstaff
      Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Working...
      X