Using iPad on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using iPad on forum

Hi, I'm new so just figuring things out, though I have a lot of experience with vbulletin boards. This is my first time using an iPad with a vbulletin message board though and it seems that every time I go to a different page, the page freezes at the top portion of the page and won't scroll down. If I refresh the page, then it's fixed. So basically I'm refreshing every time I visit another thread, topic, etc.

Anyone else experience this? Anything that can be done about it?

Thank you!

Yes!

I have the same problem. I use an iPad 2. It is very annoying!

Comment

Same problem here and it doesn't happen on the other vbulletin board I frequent.

Comment

I am also having this problem using ipad2

Comment

Hi there,
          I'm new here too and am having the exact same problem on my iPad 2!

Comment

Same problem.

Comment

Hey everyone...

I don't have my iPad with me right now, but I have had that issue with my iPhone. I found that if I zoom in a bit, it will give me the scroll bar on the right and then by going to the right of the screen, I can control the page to move up and/or down.

I will check this out on my iPad when I get home tomorrow, and see if it works the same way and will also see if there is anyway to fix this issue.
              Ashley Ringstaff
              Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

I was told they were implementing a new version or something soon that should alleviate this annoying problem.

Comment

This seems to be a iDevice issue, on the current Message Board set-up. I will speak to our Webmaster to see what can be done with this, and will also look in to some options on my iPad now that I'm home.

I will keep everyone updated on this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                  Ashley Ringstaff
                  Ringer1319/RingpOP
                  MSWorld Volunteer

Comment

Okay, so here is the deal...

We are scheduled to have an update of our whole website in mid July... this will update the Message Boards and the Website in general.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience at this time... but when I'm looking at the forum on my iDevice... I zoom in, and then it lets me scroll. I hope this helps for the time being.

Thank you for your patience.
                    Ashley Ringstaff

Comment

I'm still having this problem. It was okay for a few days, but is back again. Is it just me?

Paula

Comment

Hi Paula, I had this issue too. The only thing that helped is, if you view your IPad in landscape view, turn it so it's in portrait view when this happens and it will work normally again. You don't have to leave it in portrait view once it's ok. Hope this helps.
                        Jen
                        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

hmmm

I don't have this problem, I just can't use chat from my iPad. I tried, husband tried, his brother (computer nerd) tried and it just doesn't work for me.
                          RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

SOLUTION FOUND FOR CHATTING ON IPAD!

I can't take credit for this. My daughter has found a solution to this dilemma and I can now join Chat Room on my iPad!

Download the Logmein app from App Store. It's free!

When you log in to this app, it's like you were on your computer. You have access to everything on your computer! It's like being on your computer remotely.

When on this site, just click on chat and voila!

The only problem is that the chat is smaller. Also, nobody can use the computer while you're using this function.

Moving around on the screen takes a little getting used to but it's worth it.
                            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Find Attorney Jobs

Hi!

I don't know about i pad. tell me some information about this Gadgets.

Comment

Working...
                              X