iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone

I wanted an iPhone. I thought they looked so cool. Now I've got one and I don't know how to use it.

Are they useful for people with ms? My hands are so unsteady it's a disaster.

How do you like your iPhone?

I luv my iPhone!

My contract was expired and I wanted a smart phone. I narrowed my decison to Anroid and iphone. Well now I am SO happy with my decision The main reason for my choice was the notebook feature. I have lost my ability to write and I wanted to jot little notes to myself. Today I use it for everything- I would be lost without

The apps I use is from MSAA and it's very useful. It ask your Dr's name and number what you use them for, place for all your medications, you can journal about your day etc etc.

The phone itself is very easy to use. Remember there is only the one button to get back. The extras about the phone are confusing at first but you will get the hang of it. Remeber the instruction book is installed on the phone. Click "safari". The key that looks like an open book, look for iPhone User Guide. That should help you with any questions. If you have questions, I would be happy to help too! Good Luck!

Comment

I love my iPhone. I've had it for about a year now. I bought a hard case that is kind of rubberized, which makes the phone easier to hold.

If you go into settings (by tapping the settings icon on your screen), and then General and then Accessibility, it lets you tailor your phone for your needs. You can increase the font size if needed, you can also set the touch to be more or less sensitive. There's also a voice option where you can give the phones commands by speaking.

There are a lot of free apps you can download from the App Store (which you can access on another icon on your phone). I've got ZenVault, which is a personal health record app. There's Amazon's Kindle app, which lets you read books on your phone. (And you can get free books to read on Amazon, and also on Pixel of Ink.) And the Reminders app which comes on the phone is great. I use it to put my grocery list and other things I need to remember in. The calendar is fantastic because you can set alerts to remind you of your appointments and things.

Sit down and read your owner's manual that came with your book, then just get your phone and start pushing buttons. You can't really break it and the best way to learn is by doing.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Did you get the 4s? I so wish I had the new one. It is voice controlled on so many things.
        There are free apps to remind you when to take meds, record your symptoms, etc.
        Evernote app let's you record a note, take a pic or type on your phone and will update the file on your PC.
        You will wonder how you ever got along without it.

Comment

thank you all. I hope this is just beginner's anxiety. i'm not very tech savvy. I just got my first computer is 2008.

I was using the notes to keep a diary and they end up in my email. What did I do?

Comment

On the bottom of the notebook it gives you the option to email. It looks like an envelope. You should use the "done" when writing. It is located on the top right.

Comment

If you live in a city where there is an Apple Store, they'll show you how to use it. Or, go to the AT&T or Verizon Store for help.

Best choice is the Apple Store. Ask if they have a scheduled time to give lessons on iPhone (or iPod Touch, which is actually the non-phone part of the iPhone).

Good Luck!

Alan

Comment

Working...
              X