"Like" button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Like" button

It would be cool if we could 'like' a post such as on facebook.

Originally posted by Sparky10
    That feature should be available on the most current version of this message board software. We are running an older version but I'm told we are working on an upgrade!

And that ^ would be a perfect place to use the "like" button!

Comment

I hope not. I despise Facebook and the way its taking over the entire web. I don't want to be linked to Facebook and have my privacy exposed.

Comment

I think it would be completely unnecessary as we already have as presence on Facebook, and we are not a social networking site.
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Yes. I'm not talking about 'connecting' to facebook or any other social media. I've seen a lot of posts that have been read by many people but commented by only a few. It's very validating and supportive when comments are left but perhaps some don't feel they have anything important or helpful to say, or they just feel a need to read about someone else going through the same thing. If they could 'like' or 'that was helpful' or 'hang in there' 'been there' or 'it's going to be all right' or all/any of the above it would be helpful to posters and maybe encourage more to post.

We come here to find or give information, be validated, vent to others who know what we're talking about or just connect with someone in the outside world because it's the only way we can. As much as they love us, our family and friends just can't understand. I feel that being able to 'speak' and 'listen' on MSWorld lets me free up my family and friends for the relationship we had before I got MS. They are still supportive, but when I vent to them, it's a heavy burden on them. They walk away with heavy hearts and understand little about what I'm saying except that I'm in pain that hurts them. People here don't walk away after you've talked to them with a heavy burden on their shoulders like family and friends would. I and they just walk away knowing that maybe we helped make someones life a little less lonely or frustrating. No one here knows me personally and yet there is great freedom in being validated by someone who knows what you are going through. We need to know that someone is 'listening' we post a comment. It doesn't have to be a paragraph. Just a click is better than nothing.

Comment

I agree. I would also appreciate a "Like" button (as on Facebook), or a "Thanks" button (as on Neurotalk).

And, no. I am also not talking about a link to facebook. I use facebook, but, although I have a few "online friends" there, I use it mostly for "real life" friends, and, for the most part, would like to keep those separate.

I would also appreciate being able to send private messages to other members. Because we are not linked to social networking sites, it would be nice to be able to to connect privately with other MSWorld members. Perhaps it could be an opt-in kind of a feature, so those who do not wish to participate in any private messaging could choose not to opt in. (MSWorld used to have that option available. Perhaps there were good reasons why it was removed. But, certain privacy settings could ensure privacy, if that was one of the issues.)

~ Faith
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

i hate facebook too, but the validating of reading and agreeing makes sense.
              on my Wii Exercise Group i see every week that 100's of people have clicked on it. but i only get about 12 or so posts. it would be nice to see what others are thinking about the thread
              'is poohb3ar for real?' or 'this thread helps me even tho i'm not commenting on it'

just my IMHO.
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I can get on board with that.

Comment

Couldn't we just use ?

Comment

Yup. I've tried to use just a , and it doesn't work.

~ Faith
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I would like a "like" button similar to facebook. I don't always have an answer or advice but I would like to show my support for posters.
                      DX 10/2008
                      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
                      X